FMOD Exception

Dear All,

I’m using jme from source (downloaded from cvs) as I can’t get it build properly via ant (see other post on FC3).

I’ve downloaded the source, and am using Eclipse as an IDE. I have to pass the VM the following options:

-Dorg.lwjgl.opengl.Display.allowSoftwareOpenGL=true

-Djava.library.path="/usr/local/jme/lwgl0.96/native/"

-Dorg.lwjgl.Sys.debug=TRUE

But I get the following error:

WARNING: Could not load properties: java.io.FileNotFoundException: properties.cfg (No such file or directory)

27-May-2005 11:03:14 com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem <init>

INFO: LWJGL Display System created.

com.jme.system.JmeException: Bad display mode

at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem.initDisplay(Unknown Source)

at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem.createWindow(Unknown Source)

at com.jme.app.SimpleGame.initSystem(Unknown Source)

at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(Unknown Source)

at com.aeailab.prototype.test.HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:12)

I think this is because it’s missing the properties.cgf file - does anyone know where this is supposed to be?

Thanks,

Matt

The properties.cfg is created the first time you choose the display configuration (resolution, color depth, refresh rate).

Which Application are you trying to start? Does it display the Config Dialog?

Yeah, Finally found the properties.cfg file, and managed to use it

I had to alter the source of propertiesIO. java in jme.system to point to the right place, and then I had to add a “mode = full” line, otherwise lwjgl threw a “Bad mode” exception.

What I haven’t been ablle to trace is where the filename in propertiesIO.java is set to properties.cfg? I guess it must be somewhere, but I haven’t found it yet. Any ideas ?

Even once I do this, and get it all running, I have a persistent problem with fmod. Not sure why…

Matt