For ( Whatever c : CollectionOrSimilar) kills android-applications

If you think the sun jvm is fast, take a look at exelsior JET jvm, that thing is really impressive ^^ around 50% more. (I know its compiling ahead of time, but basically everything it does should be possible with a jit as well) Also it caches JIT hotspots, always wonderd why the sun does not do this.

Actually I wonder why sun never did what microsoft does for c#. In c# all stuff can be compiled ahead of time, directly after installing it can request that from the runtime, and when the runtime is updated, all stuff gets recompiled in the background. If they did that with java you would still have portable code, and no startup lagging.

About not using getters/setters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwB0OSmkOtQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=1725s

Link to notes about inlining

Maybe google should listen to these guys a bit :wink: From what he sounds like inlining should be the most basic thing any JVM does.

@normen said:
Maybe google should listen to these guys a bit ;) From what he sounds like inlining should be the most basic thing *any* JVM does.

I didn't watch the presentation but inlining would have to be done at JIT time for any non-local setters/getters... since you don't know the class until runtime. However, that makes me start to wonder if google even has a JIT at all if they've really missed these things.