Forum Issues + Fixes

Images in the wiki are back. What a relief! Let’s celebrate by browsing it! :smiley:

…and updating it while browsing :wink:

1 Like

… And learning the lesson that we should never dare touch the wiki again :slight_smile:

sbook said:
... And learning the lesson that we should never dare touch the wiki again :)

OMG! So you're the one who b0rked it! :O

If I remember correctly, and hopefully @normen will be either to corroborate or correct me, I believe I caused the newline problem after a DokuWiki update (it seems that magic quotes began to be handled differently) and Normen’s attempt at CDN never quite recovered after we switched it off.

Nah, effectively it was @erlend_sh’s bitching about us having no minification going on on the site ;), thats why we started using WPMinify, which caused the issues. The wiki itself or my wiki-wordpress integration plugin was actually not the cause. The CDN was only a workaround to get the images working again for some time.

Ah right, I forgot about that whole thing with the minify stuff.

I’ve also uncovered evidence that @erlend_sh was in the server room the other day bashing the PSU with a hammer and that’s why it died! Seems like an expensive and long trip for a little mischief :stuck_out_tongue:

I see. So there was actually several lessons learned here. :wink: Goes to show that the old adage “If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it” is still right huh? :wink: lol

we had a good streak of smileys on this page, and sbook had to go and ruin it :frowning:

@wezrule I’d watch my tongue if I were you. @sbook can kick your arse so hard your game will have unresolvable bugs for at least 10 years. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

no need, normen’s probably doing an update soon anyways :slight_smile:

@madjack @wezrule: too busy screaming at some PHP we’re working on for Betaville to make violence :wink:

madjack said:
@wezrule I'd watch my tongue if I were you. @sbook can kick your arse so hard your game will have unresolvable bugs for at least 10 years. ;) :P

So that's what happened to XP... I always wondered.