Fragmotion ogre import issues

hiya, im a new to jme, im currently using jme3 rc2, ive been going through the doccumentations and im up to the animations and heres where ive hit a wall,
to animate my models i use fragmotion, its the only one i know how to use right now, it can export models to ogre but when i try to get them into jme3 they dot work right. fragmotion gives me a .material a .mesh.xml and a .skeleton.xml file when i export, i copy these files into jme3 into the models folder but when i try to convert the .mesh.xml to j3o so i can use it nothing happens, i mean nothing, no windows pop up, no text or warnings or anything to tell me anything, but if i remove the .material file so that only .mesh.xml and .skeleton.xml are in the models folder i can now convert .mesh.xml to j3o and use the model and play the animations it has, only now it doesnt have its textures its just all red, and code wise i cant apply any textures to it either??
i really dont know what im doing wrong :frowning: i really need help here,

You should still read about blender export and learn a bit more about models in general:

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:intermediate:multi-media_asset_pipeline#create_textures_and_materials
https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:external:blender

thank you, ill continue looking into it and reading the other tutorials first, i was just wondering why when i removed the .material file i could all of a sudden convert, use and view my model from fragmotion just without textures and that i cant apply textures right in jme for it,

hi i just wanted to let u know that i fixed my issue, it seems to be a problem with fragmotion and how it makes the material file when i export to ogre, well to fix it all i did was change model.material to model.material.xml and opened it in a text editor (notepad++) and edited the shown code as follows,

i removed all this from the top

material
{
technique
{
pass
{
}
}
}

and a bit further down changed this

texture_unit
{
texture C:\Users\USER NAME\Documents\JME PROJECT NAMEt\assets\Textures\TEXTURENAME.png
filtering point point point
}

to this

texture_unit
{
texture TEXTURENAME.png
filtering point point point
}

and saved the file and then changed it back from model.material.xml to model.material,

with the model.mesh.xml model.skeleton.xml and fixed model.material in the assets texture folder along with the TEXTURENAME.png

i can now convert the mesh to j3o and i have the material working i can see the texture and the animations work. i can just move the j3o to the model folder now.

if anyone else uses fragmotion for their character animations and have the same problem i hope this helps.