Frame inside Fullscreen

I have searched a lot and could not find an answer.
I have created a game with the JME which runs in fullscreen. Now I would like to add a frame inside this application. When I am using swing it leaves the fullscreen which shoul not happen.

Is there a solution for this problem?
I have already asked weeks ago here

@abies suggested using JmeFxContainer, which I don’t understand.

I have an AbstractAppState with the initialize and update method and I don’t know how to call

fxContainer.getScene().getChildren().add(root)

I don’t have an fxContainer so I can’t add something to it.
Can anybody help? Is there a Tutorial using fxConatiner in JME?

Please help

Proper fullscreen means the desktop is currently disabled. When the desktop is disabled then you can’t open regular windows.

Essentially, your app has taken over the screen so normal native window operations are not available unless you come out of full screen. At least that’s my experience on Windows.

Yep, you try to put a Swing UI up but you already have a native window in fullscreen. Hint: Its not worth going through the pain of integrating Swing with its own UI thread and its own display system just for the sake of a visual UI editor that allows you to place buttons by drag and drop.

okay!
I understand that swing isn’t a good choice, but how can I achieve my goal?
I am receiving data from a server in my update call. I want to visualize this data inside my game. Something like a small map or a radar.

How can I do this?

@q-jack said: okay! I understand that swing isn't a good choice, but how can I achieve my goal? I am receiving data from a server in my update call. I want to visualize this data inside my game. Something like a small map or a radar.

How can I do this?

Write the code to make a map and add it to the guiNode?

You haven’t really given us anything to go on. What have you tried already? Have you read any of the tutorials? etc…

I could write one for you from scratch but my contracting rates are likely out of your price range. So you will have to give us something better to go on.