Frustum and Parallel Projection

What role do the near and far planes play in setting the frustum when using ParallelProjection mode? It does not seem to affect anything when I change the values for these.

camera.setParallelProjection(true);

camera.setFrustum(0, 200, 0, 1.77778f, 1, 0);  // changing 0 or 200 by 100 or even 1000 does not change anything

camera.setLocation(new Vector3f(0,0,0));

the far value determines where the far clipping plane is. and the near value determines the near clipping plane.

so the further the far plane is, the further u can c without getting cut out. and the closer the near plane is, the closer u can c on detailed objects.

usually u wanna set the far plane as far as possible and the near plane as closer as possible so u can c everything. but make no mistake, this might kill ur frame rate since u will be rendering alot of unneccessary stuff such as far away objects u should use fog to fade away.

theres an article on the wiki explain this. u might wanna read it. i believe its under the camera section.

I see, it sets the clipping, not the actual z-axis location. Makes more sense now – read the wiki but was still confused for some reason.