Frustum Culling problem

Hi all,

It seems that there is a problem with the UI in that when all the geometry from the scene has been culled, the UI is culled as well.

I have a rootNode with two branches. 1 is the UI, the second is the game. Once the game has been culled, the UI gets culled too, even if I set “forceView(true)” on the node, and do the same on all of its children and children’s children…

Ive tried giving them a model bound, and setting force view on them too, same problem…

Is there something I am missing?

DP

Keep your branches logically seperated, the HUD/GUI stuff is not part of the scene, so don’t put it into the root node.

renderer.draw(rootNode);

renderer.draw(gui);

That did it, thanks mojo.

DP

Hey DP what are you using for the GUI? Are you using the same stuff in the demo on the main page? I know the UI was in a state of flux a while back and I’ll be needing to use some real basic stuff (basically a text box to type into) and wanted to know where to look for some example code.

Thanks!

well, im only using the UIProgressBar and a UIBillboard…So yer, i am using the UI stuff.

Mainly because it is very easy to use and change. I believe a textField is available there…

If you need any custom components, give me a shout, and i’l see what i can do (im into GUI at the moment :P)

DP