SO I figured I would upgrade the game to use InstancedNode everywhere because … why not? It’s cool and it’s optimized. Everything went perfectly until I decided to use and InstancedNode for all my in scene ship indicators that get rendered on the gui node. When I create an InstancedNode, add children, and attach it to the gui node it does not appear. I tried everything … positioning it at 200,200,0.9999, setting everything to the GUI bucket, making sure everything has a cull hint of never, etc… When I take the children of the InstancedNode and attach them to the gui node directly they work. I even tried the InstancedNode WITHOUT calling the instance() method … still no go.
Am I going crazy or have someone else run into this problem? I spent all day debugging this with ZERO results. I am running of 3.1-a3 by the way.
I don’t use these classes but if I were, something I’d check is the location and computed bounding shape of the InstancedNode. It’s possible that it’s moving them somewhere strange. I had this problem with BatcnNode changing the root-level origin of my subgraph and confusing all kinds of things. I don’t know if InstanceNode has the same problem or not.
Strange. Then it must be something with my code. I do complicate things a bit with stacked JavaFX / Lemur and tonegodgui all at the same time. I am stripping out the tonegodgui stuff this week and I will try it again next week. Probably a z order issue on my end. Thanks.
EDIT: Actually wait! I re-instance after each add so that might be it.