Filling up page 6…

Filling up page 6…

Filling up page 6…

Filling up page 6…

Filling up page 6…

Filling up page 6…

I can read it now…
8)

@foxhavendesigns said: I can read it now... 8)

The problem may have been fixed. Someone tweaked something deep in the bowels of the forum… hopefully it doesn’t break something else.

1 Like

Oh good… whatever it was that happened seemed to have worked!

Their jedi mind tricks didn’t work! For long…

“These aren’t the posts you’re looking for…”

(ok, done with the off-topic :wink:

1 Like

So i opened MyGame.jar and created a particle. Then i save it, I know output code does not work. So the only way to get into your own java project would to open the saved XML and changed the syntax correct?

Hi @t0neg0d,
I just recently downloaded the builder and followed all step on the page 1 but it send me back null pointer error when running the project, i’ve changed the line :
[java]screen = new Screen(this,“tonegod/gui/style/atlasdef/style_map.xml”);
//To
screen = new Screen(this,“tonegod/gui/style/atlasdef/style_map.gui.xml”);[/java]
But it send me another null pointer, i dono how to solve it…
[java]Grave: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.NullPointerException
at emitterbuilder.gui.FileBrowser.displayContents(FileBrowser.java:208)
at emitterbuilder.gui.FileBrowser.populateList(FileBrowser.java:192)
at emitterbuilder.gui.FileBrowser.setRootFolder(FileBrowser.java:187)
at emitterbuilder.builder.shapes.LoadMesh.<init>(LoadMesh.java:87)
at emitterbuilder.builder.shapes.Shapes.<init>(Shapes.java:47)
at emitterbuilder.builder.EmitterBuilder.<init>(EmitterBuilder.java:106)
at emitterbuilder.Main.simpleInitApp(Main.java:35)
at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:226)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:130)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:207)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)[/java]

Same issue than #264296.
I run under kubuntu 14.04 64bit

@kobRoah said: Hi @t0neg0d, I just recently downloaded the builder and followed all step on the page 1 but i send me back null pointer error when running the project, i've changed the line : [java]screen = new Screen(this,"tonegod/gui/style/atlasdef/style_map.xml"); //To screen = new Screen(this,"tonegod/gui/style/atlasdef/style_map.gui.xml");[/java] But it send me another null pointer, i dono how to solve it... [java]Grave: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main] java.lang.NullPointerException at emitterbuilder.gui.FileBrowser.displayContents(FileBrowser.java:208) at emitterbuilder.gui.FileBrowser.populateList(FileBrowser.java:192) at emitterbuilder.gui.FileBrowser.setRootFolder(FileBrowser.java:187) at emitterbuilder.builder.shapes.LoadMesh.<init>(LoadMesh.java:87) at emitterbuilder.builder.shapes.Shapes.<init>(Shapes.java:47) at emitterbuilder.builder.EmitterBuilder.<init>(EmitterBuilder.java:106) at emitterbuilder.Main.simpleInitApp(Main.java:35) at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:226) at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:130) at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:207) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)[/java]

Same issue than #264296.
I run under kubuntu 14.04 64bit

Let me go through this and ensure I am using the system defined separator. Likely, I didn’t do this >.<

1 Like

Hi @t0neg0d,
After messing a bit with the FXBuilder project to figure out what going on, i’ve changed some line, now it work (so far it work correctly) :
[java]
try {
// basePath = getClass().getClassLoader().getResource(
// “emitterbuilder/builder/project/locator.xml”
// ).toString();
// basePath = basePath.substring(basePath.indexOf("/")+1, basePath.indexOf(“build”));
// basePath += “assets/”;
basePath = System.getProperty(“user.dir”) + “/assets/”; //<<< Added line
} catch (Exception ex1) { }
[/java]
That’s from the FileBrowser.class line 170 to 177.

Btw, the “emitterbuilder/builder/project/locator.xml” file is empty is that normal ? By empty i mean :
[java]
<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“UTF-8”?>

<root></root>
[/java]

I’m wondering if the FXBuilder right now can be used in a project ? even at our own risk ?

Says in other word : Is it possible to know the licence used for the FXBuilder ? i’m thinking about using the FXBuilder inside my project but i don’t know if i can since i will use it inside the game itself, to avoid to make another FXSystem-GUI and stuff it will be nice if i could use this one :smiley:

Thx in advance for the response.

@kobRoah said: I'm wondering if the FXBuilder right now can be used in a project ? even at our own risk ?

Says in other word : Is it possible to know the licence used for the FXBuilder ? i’m thinking about using the FXBuilder inside my project but i don’t know if i can since i will use it inside the game itself, to avoid to make another FXSystem-GUI and stuff it will be nice if i could use this one :smiley:

Thx in advance for the response.

Thanks for the fix on the FileBrowser… it was a hail mary attempt that I hoped would work in all cases… however… what you provided should!

And um…all of the projects I post out for people to use are piggybacking JME’s choice for license - New BSD. You can feel free to use the FX Builder in any capacity that will work for you. It was made for fun and I hoped other people would benefit from it. Actually using it in a game or game’s level builder would be super awesome to see!

ok, thx you to provide all of this, and to let us use them freely as the JME team do :D.
Time to work now XD