FX Visual Designer: The Drama Thread - You don't want to miss this

@t0neg0d said: I'm almost scared to answer you, because I'm fairly sure you're baiting me... but... I'll bite.

Yes & yes… it allows you to design and sequence multiple particle emitters over a time frame. It does save the projects this way, because outputting the projects as a j3o would be semi useless considering.

The interface is a bit more than a toolbar of hard to understand buttons, (me not knowing how to write this as an SDK plugin aside).

So, all in all, I think this was the best way to go about it.

Knowing that you will likely not download the required jar files and try it out, you’ll have to take my word for it. Or maybe someone else who does use it can explain a bit better than I.

@t0neg0d said: Actually may as well continue explaining why j3o output would be semi useless.

Who in their right mind would save 6 sequenced particle emitters to a format that can’t store any of the relative code to make them execute their sequence of events?
Also, the emitters use influencers, which can be cloned, modified, reused for multiple emitters. Saving the emitter would be like saving a individual copy of Sonar with every song you record.

Yeah, well... I just wanted to know what the intended workflow would be when using this. :roll: Doing an SDK plugin for this would be trivial, also with the scripting stuff like in your UI, I don't know what you want to say with the toolbar comment though.

Sure having a class with code for each effect works, personally I don’t really like generated code for design elements though. But it obviously saves on complexity of the core library code, given that you store things like execution time in code and not in some properties of the library objects (e.g. cinematic system).

You don’t seem to understand that the SDK has no “particle editor”, particle editing in the SDK is just being able to edit Spatials and Controls bean properties, theres no additional logic for “particle editing”. But I guess you somehow thought I would use the mighty power of our particle system and editor (lol?) to bash your library, as you should naturally expect me to. :hitler: