FX Visual Designer: The Drama Thread - You don't want to miss this

It’s funny how this is turning out.

So far, everything that points to the direction that zarch used the source code to write his particle system has been denied. Anything that was posted publicly is now being re-stated as, they were just placating you.

I think I follow.

Still, when all is said and done, people will get a cool toy to play with… and all this was for?

@t0neg0d did you make any stress tests for performance?

For example, 20 JME particle emitters against 20 your particle Emiters.
To use your Emitter system in production i should know that it’s good for performance and it has no memory leaks.

@t0neg0d said: If this was his own, why would he bother to inform me that he had based it off the source code he got from nehon and inform me he was going to release it as a plugin?

Why bother? it was his…

He was trying to be nice by not just dumping a replacement on the community without your involvement. I believe he has learned his lesson on that, though.

@normen said: Yes, that is what I was saying. Its what people do when talking to others who go crazy and they don't want to get too involved.

You must here this often then. No wonder you were able to spot it so quickly.

@t0neg0d said: You must here this often then. No wonder you were able to spot it so quickly.

Lol, “here”?

I put it to the community. If you are repeatedly accused of doing something that you didn’t do then how should you respond?

It would have been so easy to provide evidence but in all this time none has been provided.

It was enough to say “I’m not releasing the source”. The clear dredging up of former false accusations was unnecessary.

@mifth said: @t0neg0d did you make any stress tests for performance?

For example, 20 JME particle emitters against 20 your particle Emiters.
To use your Emitter system in production i should know that it’s good for performance and it has no memory leaks.

Some, however… this would greatly depend on what emitter shape you are using, what particle template, the max # of particles, etc, etc, etc. I’ve left an animated mesh with all influencers + impostor particle template at 5000 particles per second running most of the day… when I got back home, everything was running as it was when I left… this seemed like a good sign to me ;)>

Basically, what I am saying is, this will completely depend on how you configure it and how many you are running at any given time. If you are using a simple emitter shape (point) with point-based particles, you’ll get much better performance than using a complex animated emitter shape with complex animated particles.

@normen said: Lol, "here"?

Well… that depends… are you an ass in real life too? Or just here?

@pspeed said: I put it to the community. If you are repeatedly accused of doing something that you didn't do then how should you respond?

It would have been so easy to provide evidence but in all this time none has been provided.

It was enough to say “I’m not releasing the source”. The clear dredging up of former false accusations was unnecessary.

You say it was false, others obviously disagreed with you, or zarch wouldn’t have been handed his ass by others when announcing “his” plugin release, yeah?

@t0neg0d said: Well.. that depends... are you an ass in real life too? Or just here?

He’s German. :wink:

3 Likes
@t0neg0d said: Some, however... this would greatly depend on what emitter shape you are using, what particle template, the max # of particles, etc, etc, etc. I've left an animated mesh with all influencers + impostor particle template at 5000 particles per second running most of the day... when I got back home, everything was running as it was when I left... this seemed like a good sign to me ;)>

Basically, what I am saying is, this will completely depend on how you configure it and how many you are running at any given time. If you are using a simple emitter shape (point) with point-based particles, you’ll get much better performance than using a complex animated emitter shape with complex animated particles.

Ok, cool. Another question about static particles. Are they generated only once or they are generated every frame?

@t0neg0d said: Well.. that depends... are you an ass in real life too? Or just here?

As you already said, in your terms I am a “tool”. Why do you bother at all about what I say? Its just the language barrier.

it’s hot here… :frowning:

1 Like
@t0neg0d said: You say it was false, others obviously disagreed with you, or zarch wouldn't have been handed his ass by others when announcing "his" plugin release, yeah?

In the vacuum of “no evidence” people will believe what they believe. It’s just really hard to mount any logical defense when no evidence exists.

@pspeed said: He was trying to be nice by not just dumping a replacement on the community without your involvement. I believe he has learned his lesson on that, though.

One can only hope… obviously, this didn’t rub off on anyone else watching what he was doing :wink:

@pspeed said: In the vacuum of "no evidence" people will believe what they believe. It's just really hard to mount any logical defense when no evidence exists.

Um… these same people were involved in the original thread.

@t0neg0d said: One can only hope... obviously, this didn't rub off on anyone else watching what he was doing ;)

Oh, I think we are all considerably less nice since then… we know what that gets us now. :wink:

@mifth said: Ok, cool. Another question about static particles. Are they generated only once or they are generated every frame?

This completely depends on what you are doing with them. In the case on a static emitter shape an no forces being applied to the static particles, they are generated once and no update is run against the mesh.

If the mesh is animated, the particles are animated, influencers are present and enabled… anything that would alter the particle placement, it is generated every frame.

EDIT: generated is a bad term… updated is more accurate.

@pspeed said: Oh, I think we are all considerably less nice since then... we know what that gets us now. ;)

Jesus, if this is your idea of nice… I thank God I only have to interact with you through a forum.

@t0neg0d said: Um.. these same people were involved in the original thread.

The original thread where you made some very emotional accusations based on a statement, no actual evidence or code review. Then the discussions devolved into whether publishing something publicly with an open source license was a release or not… completely ignoring the point that it was a rewrite with an influencer port. The license didn’t really matter. That message kept getting drowned out in the license talk.

Anyway, you are safe to publish whatever now because none of us will ever think to even glance at your code again without a written contract up front.