Galaxies Beyond

Do we have any hope of having some more than just a nice front page soon?

At least some concept art or some screens would be perfect

I'm back to working on it and have already made significant progress, but my check list still has thirteen items left that must be completed before the combat demo is released.  Further, my modeler ran into some significant issues that he has as of yet been unable to fix regarding the ship model.  According to him there's a bug in Maya causing him pain. :o

Also, I've actually got all the music being re-written by a professional composer now and I'm extremely excited about that. :)  The combat demo will show off some of the amazing space music.

:-o

… can't wait for the fast forward/ fast rewind buttons …  :roll:

Impressive !  :-o

Anyone care to put some pressure on the frog

At least let us see some some screen shots before the demo

Sure thing.  :smiley:

That’s all you’re getting for now. :wink:

Well… better than nothing.

What are you using for your buttons? Or did you make them yourself?

substance :slight_smile:

What Irrisor said. :wink:

http://substance.dev.java.net

Darkfrog… you tease!

I just want to see some screenshots to make sure it's nothing like my game getting released this year!  :stuck_out_tongue:

I don't think I could stand the competition.  }:-@

Probably closest in nature to Freelancer, but on a MMORPG scale.  If your game isn't MMO and/or real-time dog-fighting combat simulation then you have nothing to worry about. :wink:

I would be interested in collaborating towards getting the game released though since I've got something very close to releasable, I just don't have hardly any time to spend on it right now…darn those successful projects ruining my life.  :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, no problems then.  Still, a few screenshots would be nice.  :wink:

Yes, a screenshot not featuring the GUI, and a bit of action instead!

You ask far too much. :wink:

I want a movie where Darkfrog gets pwnd by the killer AI he made while flying trough an asteroid with a self-containing gravitational force! All powered by ODE.

Oh! And I want Bloom and Brown too! That's next-gen! Everyone knows that

:wink:

Darklord said:

I want a movie where Darkfrog gets pwnd by the killer AI he made while flying trough an asteroid with a self-containing gravitational force!

Dude, if you've ever seen me game, you know I never get pwnd. ;)  And to make an AI that could beat me....well, I'm just not that good of a programmer.  :P

i demand another teaser screenshot !  :evil:

btw. you're using jmedesktop and substance right , did you test that on mac?

we didn't manage to get it working.  :frowning:

btw. the soundtrack is fabulous

We are using JMEDesktop and Substance for the main menus but it’s been ripped out of everything in-game.  I’ll have to do some testing on Mac, thanks for the heads-up.

Well, since you demand it…

http://www.galaxiesbeyond.com/download/bot.avi

Not in-game, but just a 360 degrees view of one of the models.

awesome!