Aeson

An Umbra Gaming Production

Project name: Aeson

Game type:  RTS Dueling

LinksDev. Blog

License:  Private/Commercial

Recruiting: 3D Artists / Animators

Abstract:

An online, real-time, overhead dueling game. Up to 8 players in an all-out brawl (or 2v2v2v2 or 4v4). Each human player controls 3 hero-styled characters. You may assemble your team with any combination you choose, and you have 5 classes to choose from. Each class differs greatly in its abilities.

Each character has six special abilities (but no regular attack). All attacks are area-of-effect. The first six keys on the left side of the keyboard (QWERTY, ASDFGH, ZXCVBN) are all hotkeys bound to the spells of each character. The numbers 1, 2, and 3 are used to select and control individual characters, while the number 4 will allow you to move all characters at once. The F1, F2, and F3 keys will keep the camera focused on that character number. You may not choose to follow all characters at once. Casting a spell using a hotkey will automatically select the corresponding character.

Used API’s:

• jME2

• JGN

• GBUI

• FW3D Loader (Not published yet)

Active Members:

Name

Role

Status
Trussell

Project Leader

active

Looking at the screenshots, I like it  :slight_smile:

Reminds me of Hero Arena in Warcraft III

That's good–that was the inspiration.

Add me to the Current Projects list, Mindgamer :smiley:

Done. You have so many goodies to show for in your blog, why don't you post a small compilation of your updates in this thread once in a while? :slight_smile:

:smiley: I was hoping to just get a few subscribers to the blog… although I may have accidentally disabled that feature when I set it up… Oops!

Anyway, I think the next time you'll see lots of major updates on this thread is shortly after I have my in-house LAN testing with me and several friends. That playtest will be the final determination as to if I continue with Aeson or abandon the concept (it sucks that I have no team, so a concept game takes an entire year to develop). If the gameplay is intriguing and not too difficult, I'll be posting videos and pictures of duels. I anticipate that the battles (with players firing spells en masse) will be really cool on both video and screenshot.

So I have to say, as much as I hate to be the one reading it, be patient! There will be lots more content up here soon. Keep an eye on the blog for little updates, and when I get some major work done I'll be posting on here!