Game freeze at startup

When i click ‘start new game’ (with advanced graphics unchecked), a window will open showing the game. Everything, not just the game will freeze; but when i click it plays the firing sound, and other sound effects are constantly playing. The only way i have found to get out of it is to restart my computer. I am running debian.

1 Like
@hockidy said:
When i click 'start new game' (with advanced graphics unchecked), a window will open showing the game. Everything, not just the game will freeze; but when i click it plays the firing sound, and other sound effects are constantly playing. The only way i have found to get out of it is to restart my computer. I am running debian.

Does your computer meet the requirements?

I cant find the requirements, but i have 3gb of ram and a dual core 2.3ghz processor.

What do you have for a graphics card?

If the whole computer is locking up, something big might be going on wrong… I’d try uninstalling and re-installing the latest version of Java. Also try updating your graphic card drivers. I’ve also uploaded a new version of 3079 which hopefully will be a bit more reliable. :slight_smile:

I downloads the new version and it worked. thanks.

Great!