Game idea proposition. Ochlocracy

@t0neg0d said: EDIT: This will have ZOMBIES in it, right??! And not those fucking lame running ones. ;)

Unfortunately in the concept I’m working on there isn’t one zombie. BUT, it doesn’t mean we couldn’t stick some sort of villainous thingie… I personally think the zombie concept has mostly ran its course. But that’s just me. Other alternatives monsters could be cool too.

@madjack said: Unfortunately in the concept I'm working on there isn't one zombie. BUT, it doesn't mean we couldn't stick some sort of villainous thingie... I personally think the zombie concept has mostly ran its course. But that's just me. Other alternatives monsters could be cool too.

I should probably warn you… I have never played a single game in this genre… unless the Fallout series counts. Soooo… I’ll either have some very fresh ideas… or overly ripe ones >.<

@t0neg0d said: I should probably warn you... I have never played a single game in this genre... unless the Fallout series counts. Soooo... I'll either have some very fresh ideas... or overly ripe ones >.<

Of all the things that could worry me, this isn’t it. Give me “old” ideas any time of day 'cause that will often lead to other ideas. It’s all good. :smiley:

Oh man, looks like i am the guy from the wrong timezone :slight_smile:

The first thing i would do is finding some nice collaboration software, following private messages is often a bit hard. If anyone knows a good one, i could offer a server and depeding on the teamsize a youtrack and git instance…

@t0neg0d said: I'm in... if anyone could stand working with me for more than a couple minutes at a time.

EDIT: This will have ZOMBIES in it, right??! And not those fucking lame running ones. :wink:

uh uh i can stand with u for more than a minute :smiley:

zedz again ? zeds r old :smiley: maybe it would be better to have some wild animals that attack u when it gets dark :open_mouth:
like u walking at night in dark forest with only a torch in your hand and u see eyes in the dark, waiting for your torch to be extinguished… aw that scary :smiley:

It seems we have a team.

It’ll be me, @zzuegg, @eraslt, @rylius @wezrule

5 programmers and 1 rigger/animator/texturer will be more than enough to get us started.

We’ll keep you guys updated… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good luck guys.

You might find podio (podio.com) useful as a project management/idea sharing/etc resource. I can’t remember off hand what the limits are on the free usage though, 6 of you may be too many.

Yeah, that’s what we’re getting to… BitBucket’s limit is 5 and pretty much every collaboration tools I’ve seen up to now. :confused:

just some advice from personal experience:

• Delegate a leader, but stay mallable. Nobody likes dictatorship. Leaders make decisions when the group can’t decide, not all the time.
  • Teamspeak is a must; For both work and getting to know each other. Its easier to communicate and to get to know each other far easier than text can ever do.
  • Most importantly - its perfectly fine to be wrong, and be schooled. That’s why you’re working in a team, so don’t be stubborn - even if you are the most knowledgable. You cannot and will not know everything there is to know. Learn from each other and be glad they are interested enough in what they are doing to love telling you what they know.
  • Consider your moves, but don’t stop moving forward. It is only a problem if there is a better solution.

Most of all, have fun, and good luck. I shall be keeping an eye on the progress :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Me toying…

I can recommend gitblit and jamwiki for a starting setup. Both work quite fine and reliable.

1 Like

The descriptions sound cool, thanks for the pointers.

We have one opening!

People come and go and that made an opening! Lucky you!

We’re looking for 1 animator/rigger/texture and although I very much doubt we’ll find that person here, I’m letting you guys know in case you knew of someone that would like to become a “founder” in the project (entitled to full share of the game, unlike a consultant).

Also, we’re keeping our eyes open for any talented individual to join us. There isn’t a real need, but we’re keeping our options open.

What we’re looking for:

• Strong team player
  • Capability for taking initiative
  • Ability to properly explain themselves
  • Willingness to learn
  • Inclined to participate in idea debates and exchanges, brainstorming, being active

What we’re not looking for:

• Passive.
  • Table-flippers
  • Rage-quitters
  • All-knowing gurus (the fake ones :wink: we’d welcome a real one)
  • Brain-dead zombies (we’re fine with “thinking” zombies as long as they’re not passive)

There’s also this little thing about time. We’re not asking for anyone to spend the entirety of their days coding for the project, but having some daily free time to spend on the project is mandatory. Although if you can spend +4 hours a day it would be fantastic, a small amount works fine too. Being able to spend time on our forums and at least read and reply to topics is necessary. Being on IRC is not an obligation, but since we’re all there, it makes things a lot easier to communicate.

If you have questions or concerns, post here or in a PM and I’ll address it as soon as possible.

sounds pretty good (i’m surprised I didn’t see this thread earlier). I’ll be up for it, if you can give me a few days. Stuff I can do:

Bullet Engine, good 3D math transformation knowledge, nifty, OpenGL, GLSL, post-filters, blender (modelling and rigging), photoshop, can make some music with Fruity Loops, C++ (may come in handy for resources on web, or JNI)

Stuff I’ve never done:
Post-processors like water etc

Take all the time you need Wez, I don’t see any problem with you joining us, but we all have to agree. Also, we’re all open to bribes. XD

1 Like

And… welcome Wez! :smiley:

woop woop, we’re gonna make millions right? :smiley:

I’m tired of sleeping in a cardboard box on the street

Unfortunately, that’s only during the first week of release. After that, it’ll be a lot more.

I’m so sorry. :frowning:

ok I guess that will have to do :frowning: That might be enough to get a box with windows

1 Like

Depends on where you live. Wouldn’t be enough around here.