Game store for JMonkey games

What are the stores that support JMonkey games, especially java games for Desktop? I know you can tweak your game to work on Steam but I want to know about stores that support Java.

If you know about one, please indicate what features do they have like micro-transactions, etc.

All of them, in some you have to bundle the JDK.

Yeah, but Steam or Google chrome webstore don’t offer micro-transactions for java. Do you know of any that does?

@Pixelapp said: Yeah, but Steam or Google chrome webstore don't offer micro-transactions for java. Do you know of any that does?

So, your real question is: “Which stores allow micro-transactions from Java?”

@pspeed No. What I would like to know is what kind of stores support Java games made with JMonkey. Specifically, which game stores allows you to make queries from your java SE application: for multiplayer, micro-transactions, leaderboards integration.

@Pixelapp said: @pspeed No. What I would like to know is what kind of stores support Java games made with JMonkey.

All of them, basically.

Specifically, which game stores allows you to make queries from your java SE application: for multiplayer, micro-transactions, leaderboards integration.

See, that’s a different question. My point is that you do not want to know which stores support Java games. You want to know which stores support a specific subset of features accessible via a Java game.

I don’t think jMonkeyEngine has anything to do with it either… though it’s still a worthwhile question.

Steam is really one of the only ones that does that kind of thing… Unless you are developing for android, in that case you should distribute on the google play store and maybe integrate a library for leaderboards. Google allows you to have “in app purchases”.

@pspeed I when I say support Java I mean the store likes to get involved with Java games.

I know already that in any store you can just drop your JNLP file. But you really don’t need a store for that kind of functionality.

Why would it not support micro transactions? You just need to use whatever API they provide, use JNI if needed.

@normen Not every store provides a Java api. Also, not everyone know JNI, like me. I can learn but I don’t know right now. :wink:

@pspeed This question has everything to do with JMonkey. You always want other developers to know what specific tools you use. It eliminates many hassles.

@Pixelapp said: @normen Not every store provides a Java api. Also, not everyone know JNI, like me. I can learn but I don't know right now. ;)

@pspeed This question has everything to do with JMonkey. You always want other developers to know what specific tools you use. It eliminates many hassles.

So the problem is that you cannot handle the API provided by the store, I doubt that its impossible to make a call to their web servers from java. You don’t make any specifics about what technology they provide, did you contact any of them? You make a lot of presumptions here. I’d say, without knowing anything about it, that they have normal REST or SOAP web APIs which can easily be addressed from java.

@Pixelapp said: @normen Not every store provides a Java api. Also, not everyone know JNI, like me. I can learn but I don't know right now. ;)

But the question isn’t “which stores support jmonkey” it’s “which stores support features for Java”.

I found a solution to this.

Right now I’m using “http://www.fastspring.com/”, they do a decent job in authenticating the buyers without you coding a single thing.

Also, for the helper libraries I use https://cloud.google.com/products/cloud-storage. It is like dropbox but I’m using it for commercial purposes in a pay as you go plan. You could avoid this step when using fast spring but it wouldn’t be customer friendly. The customer would have to click on every .jar that JMonkey exports before finally clicking on the JNLP file.

Moreover, something important to mention is that since Java 1.7 JNLPs don’t require a ‘codebase’. The JNLP file can be served with a dynamic link which is very important if you want to serve your files though randomly generated URL to improve digital rights management. In other words, before Java 1.7 I wouldn’t be able to use fastspring in order to serve my downloadable game.

So that does it for me. From now on all I have left to do is to polish and polish Kartex until the release date. :smiley:

http://www.desura.com/ perhaps

@thetoucher I don’t think they support Java. Gamejolt.com does but it is for free games. Maybe Desura support Java games but it doesn’t seem like their priority. I only sell my games on stores that take Java as a priority.

I don’t want to ruin java by wrapping it on .exe files or what not. It is not what Java was meant to be.

phroot sells (jme) games through Desura and has never had any problems that I have heard about. He doesn’t do micro transactions though.

Your premise is funny somehow. Why would it devalue a java app to have an exe launcher? And again, web access is no problem for java, the game store doesn’t have to “support java”. :?

Yeah, surely the deciding factor should be which one offers the best facilities for you, whether they are java centric or not. I promise you the end users are very rarely going to care what technology is behind the game.

Please disregard what I said before this post, even micro transactions.

What I simply want is a store that fully embraces Java. Understood, @normen and others?

I want to use a store that even has java support tutorials. Like I said the best example I can recommend is gamejolt.com (for free games though).

@Pixelapp said: Please disregard what I said before this post, even micro transactions.

What I simply want is a store that fully embraces Java. Understood, @normen and others?

I want to use a store that even has java support tutorials. Like I said the best example I can recommend is gamejolt.com (for free games though).

No, still don’t understand. None of the big stores will “embrace” java. What would these tutorials be on? Again, if they use a REST web API to do micro tansactions, just read about how to talk to a REST server in java. Apart from that a java application is like every other application. Why (and how) would the store “embrace” different programming languages?