GBUI Compile/Creation of Project Error

Reference: Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

1.5 Compiling the project

If you haven't already done it, open Eclipse. Create a new Java project. The project name must be the same as the name of the folder that you just downloaded the source code to. Case matters! Click the

Just to get the obvious out of the way: is there any chance that you already have a "gbui" project in your workspace?

If not, can you provide more details on the directory structure you're using?  ie. what is the full path to the directory where you pulled the source from svn to? what path are you specifying to Eclipse?  etc.  Screenshots of the process might help too.

Thanks!

mjsimpson said:

Just to get the obvious out of the way: is there any chance that you already have a "gbui" project in your workspace?

If not, can you provide more details on the directory structure you're using?  ie. what is the full path to the directory where you pulled the source from svn to? what path are you specifying to Eclipse?  etc.  Screenshots of the process might help too.

Thanks!

Sure here ya go:
According to: http://code.google.com/p/gbui/wiki/CreatingYourJmeInterfaceUsingGbui1
There is this image

Showing to take out into a workspace of gbui. Not specified if it is java or anything else, so I created such a workspace when I checked out the SVN as gbui.

Following this are the details that you asked for through images:
Package Structure in my Eclipse:

And Workspace Structure as shown in packages but also in the folder:

Any more info you may need I can get. I just checked out the svn and named it as such. Later in the tutorial on how to set up GBUI it states:
(Under section 1.5)
Press

I'm not sure how it happened, but it looks like you're already most of the way there. :slight_smile:

When I used "C:eclipseworkspacegbui" to checkout to (from SVN), it's because I was using "C:eclipseworkspace" as my workspace directory.  It looks like you have the same thing in "C:UsersFluffyWolf2workspace".

Looking at the package explorer from Eclipse, it looks like you already have the gbui project pulled in, which is probably why it's giving the "gbui already exists" error when you try to pull it in again.  I don't know how it got there, but there it is and it look like it compiles too, which means you must have done most of the steps through 1.5 (including Groovy, which gave me a hard time just yesterday).

Go on to step 6 to try to run the demos.  If they run, great!  If not, try to troubleshoot any issues you may have with what I wrote, and let me know if you run into any more roadblocks.

Good luck!

I tried it twice to build gbui as it was described in the instructions but always got some groovy-error. And as I don’t have a clue about that (unnecessary?) scripting-language I nearly cancled my gbui-efforts. But lastly I found a precompiled jar…puh!

Have a look here:

http://code.google.com/p/gbui/downloads/list

Download  jme-bui-rsrc.zip and jme-bui2.jar unzip jme-bui-rsrc to your src-folder and include jme-bui2.jar and the jme2-Project (or the jme2-jars). And that’s it.

To bad they didnt publish the source-code the used for that pre-compiled version. But you still can use the

source you already donwloaded (maybe they won’t fit everywhere anymore, but just to have a clue what is happening it should be fine.

Tests are available and can be run fine out of eclipse.  (e.g. com.jmex.bui.MultipleStyleSheetsTest  )

I didn't publish the jar, but I'll get the src up there.

Groovy, not a scripting lang anymore, will probably be removed, because while I was working with some developers on a game, their Groovy run was taking slightly longer than the Java version (which I've never run into, ever).

Groovy will, however, remain the defacto standard for the unit tests.

I'll check the trunk, but it should be straight Java now.

I don't use Eclipse so I can't tell you anything about why it wouldn't compile or throw errors.  I use IntelliJ most of the time, but I often compile by ant command line and haven't ever had an issue.

I'll try to do all this today.

I just finished removing the Groovy references from the core.

I also fixed the build so it doesn't show the warnings that there are missing files.

I moved the Test files out to an actual test directory.  I'll be moving those again to an integration vs unit directories

I've also uploaded the src, bin, test and rsrc for JME 2.0

I ran most of the tests and they are fine.

Lemmie know if you have any issues.

timo

Did this fix your issue?