GBUI Problem

Hello,

at first i want to say that i'm new with jME. It's a great engine and i was very happy when i see that there is a GUI Framework called GBUI. So i tried it… but i have the problem that i cant run the examples… the exception is the following:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/jme/scene/SceneElement

So i looked up these file but i didn't find it… I use jME.2 … But there isn't any file named SceneElement… But GBUI seems to need it…

Where is the failure ?

i loaded the jar file from this address:

http://samskivert.com/code/jme-bui/jme-bui/dist/jme-bui.jar

I hope you can help me :slight_smile:

Greetings from Germany

Chris

PS: I please you to excuse my bad english  :stuck_out_tongue:

SceneElement was a jme1 class which doesn't exist anymore.

i think you need to grab the svn version, as the jars on the google code page seem to be a bit old also.

http://code.google.com/p/gbui/source/checkout

Hi,

again i've got a problem:

I can't build the needed jar file… I use Ant… i hope it's correct.

There are many errors which tells that there a no libs…

It seems to be that the build.xml is broken… ant searches the libs in

/lib/lib … but there is only one folder called lib … its the first time i use ant…

usually i use ready jar libs… I hope you can help me  :oops:

Chris

Can anyone give me a hint how to compile the bui source ??

I don't find any tutorial about this issue…

thx Chris

http://code.google.com/p/gbui/wiki/CreatingYourJmeInterfaceUsingGbui

Shout if you have any questions. :smiley:

Hi,

great Tut… but eclipse with ant don't find javac… thats really strange, because i can create normal projects without any problem… probably missing enviroment variables ?

Ok here is the error output:

Buildfile: V:Eclipse_neubuibuild.xml

prepare:

resourcecopy:

compile:

[groovyc] Compiling 153 source files to V:Eclipse_neubuibuild

[javac] Compiling 153 source files to V:Eclipse_neubuibuild

[groovyc] warning: [path] bad path element "V:Eclipse_neubuiliblibjinput.jar": no such file or directory

[groovyc] warning: [path] bad path element "V:Eclipse_neubuiliblibjogg-0.0.7.jar": no such file or directory

[groovyc] warning: [path] bad path element "V:Eclipse_neubuiliblibjorbis-0.0.15.jar": no such file or directory

[groovyc] warning: [path] bad path element "V:Eclipse_neubuiliblibjunit-4.1.jar": no such file or directory

[groovyc] warning: [path] bad path element "V:Eclipse_neubuilibliblwjgl.jar": no such file or directory

[groovyc] warning: [path] bad path element "V:Eclipse_neubuilibliblwjgl_util_applet.jar": no such file or directory

[groovyc] C:DOKUME~1Kr0eLOKALE~1Tempgroovy-generated-7794683963266060533-java-sourcecomjmexbuitestsScrollingListTestWithButton.java:9: package com.jmex.bui.base does not exist

[groovyc] import com.jmex.bui.base.;

[groovyc] ^

[groovyc] C:DOKUME~1Kr0eLOKALE~1Tempgroovy-generated-7794683963266060533-java-sourcecomjmexbuitestsScrollingListTestWithButton.java:16: cannot find symbol

[groovyc] symbol: class BaseTest

[groovyc]   extends BaseTest  implements

[groovyc]           ^

[groovyc] C:DOKUME~1Kr0eLOKALE~1Tempgroovy-generated-7794683963266060533-java-sourcecomjmexbuitestsTextFieldTest.java:8: package com.jmex.bui.base does not exist

[groovyc] import com.jmex.bui.base.
;

[groovyc] ^

[groovyc] C:DOKUME~1Kr0eLOKALE~1Tempgroovy-generated-7794683963266060533-java-sourcecomjmexbuitestsTextFieldTest.java:16: cannot find symbol

[groovyc] symbol: class BaseTest2

[groovyc]   extends BaseTest2  implements

[groovyc]           ^

[groovyc] V:Eclipse_neubuisrcjavacomjmexbuiBImage.java:68: warning: getClassTag() in com.jmex.bui.BImage overrides getClassTag() in com.jme.scene.Spatial; return type requires unchecked conversion

[groovyc] found   : java.lang.Class

[groovyc] required: java.lang.Class<? extends com.jme.scene.Spatial>

[groovyc]     public Class getClassTag() {

[groovyc]                  ^

[groovyc] 4 errors

[groovyc] 7 warnings

BUILD FAILED

V:Eclipse_neubuibuild.xml:66: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Any ideas ?? I'm really distressed… I did every step in the tutorial…

Hey.

The problem is that some of dependent libraries are kept as global libraries, stored on user's filesystem, not on svn. On my list of priorities, as soon as I finish enum constants refactor, is to mavenize gbui project, but I doubt it will be done soon enough for you.

To fix it, easiest way is to do little dirty hack.

In gbui project tree, in lib directory create subdirectory lib. Yes, its funny like that :slight_smile: in it place copies of:

• jinput.jar

• jogg-0.0.7.jar

• jorbis-0.0.15.jar

• junit-4.1.jar

• lwjgl.jar

• lwjgl_util_applet.jar

If it fails, I'll upload you dist lib somewhere temporary so that you can get it. I would fix it, but I really don't have time.

Maybe it's a stupid post but… ich don't Jorbis 0.0.1.5 or Jogg 0.0.7 … Where can i get them ?

I'have found  Jorbis 0.0.1.7 … but nothing else…

Thx

Chris

Hm, I was sure those were dependency lib of either lwjgl or jme, but was wrong.

Pick those deps here:

Jogg-0.0.7.jar

Jorbis-0.0.15.jar

In case its not crucial to build yourself, the distro:

P.S. Please notify me on PM or mail when you pick them so that I can remove them.
deus_ex_machina said:

To fix it, easiest way is to do little dirty hack.
In gbui project tree, in lib directory create subdirectory lib. Yes, its funny like that :) in it place copies of:

I'll modify the ant script.

Greetings,

I seem to have encountered similar problems as ze german. But although i was able to find the missing libraries, compilation problems still occurred.

I'm currently in the process of setting up the basis of a gaming project and would be much delighted if anyone would be so kind as to post the dist jar of the lwjgl2 compatible GBUI.

To whoever is still trying to get the current source revision to compile: deus_ex_machina just uploaded a jme 2 compatible GBUI dist. I thank thee ! :stuck_out_tongue: