GBUI rotation

Hello,

Has somebody already added rotation support to GBUI?

I've been experimenting with it, but not succeeding much 

So far, I added a float _rotation attribute to BComponent and a call to GL11.glRotatef(_rotation, 0f, 0f, 1f); on the render() method.

It partially works, but the picking sometimes goes wrong and some components are not rotated at all or rotated on slightly different angles. Moreover, the lines are not antialized, so it looks very rough.

(see attached image)

Obviously there are many other places to fix before it gets stable…

So, could you guys that are already more familiarized with the library provide some guidance?

Also, is there any other GUI already supporting this feature?

Anybody interested in working together on this?

Thanks

Hi standtrooper,

Thanks for your reply.

This is for a multitouch project… Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAJ4U_GXADM

For example, one can rotate a virtual keyboard to use it on the other side of a table.

Please keep me posted if you get some time to look at it.

I'll be more than happy to contribute to the project in case I manage to implement the rotation properly. But as I'm a bit out of time and don't know much about GBUI yet, maybe I'll render the gui to texture for now and rotate the textured quad instead…

cheers

Geovani

cool.

I'm loading the project… I'll see if I can get you a rotation in the code or a patch.

timo

There's probably something else going on with the other OGL functions.  I am fair sure that there is no rotation for BComponents because I don't know that anyone has ever needed it up to this point.  Any rotations done by images, etc, are done with the images and not with the components.  Hmmm.

I am curious as to why, just in general.  I'll add it to my list of things to support.

If you want to work on it, I'll help you however I can.  I'm going to go look at it now and see what's going on.