GDK 3.1 issue : SceneComposer - AssertionError

Every time I run the GDK 3.1 from NB i got an “AssertionError” when i open a non empty j3o file into the scenecomposer.
I got the following message :

java.lang.AssertionError
    at com.jme3.util.NativeObjectManager.deleteNativeObject(NativeObjectManager.java:140)
    at com.jme3.util.NativeObjectManager.deleteUnused(NativeObjectManager.java:188)
    at com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.postFrame(GLRenderer.java:864)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.runLoop(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:128)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.run(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:156)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) 

This message appear when I click on the sceneExplorer window (scene tree) or the main sceneComposer windows
I only have this error by running the GDK directly from NB.
I have an other error when I run the GDK from the dist .zip (invalid frame buffer) but I think this isn’t related.

java -version :

java version "1.7.0_75"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.4) (7u75-2.5.4-1~trusty1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.75-b04, mixed mode)

can you run it from cmd dist with -ea switch? (It turns the assertions on)

?? If you get an assertion error assertions are on… He’s running the SDK in development mode which automatically turns them on.

I mean the second part where he said he ran from dist, where he gets the framebuffer error instead.

i don’t know how to run it with -ea . I use the .sh instead …
Edit : I mean using the command line to launch the SDK

Facing same error when runing SDK from netbeans. Anyone work around or how to disable assertions?

Running the sdk from NB (clean&build then run) enable the assertions.
Building the jmonkeyplatforme from “ant -f ./sdk build-zip” then unzipping the platforme and runing as usual disable the assertions.

For this issue i just created a new .j3o file, the other seemed to be corrupted.

I guess it’s pretty much the same as this Assertion error when deleting native objects in the SDK · Issue #214 · jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine · GitHub
If you have a way to reproduce it everytime, I’d like to know

Continuing the discussion from GDK 3.1 issue : SceneComposer - AssertionError:

Running SDK from Netbeans. Using this file:

Right clic on j3o file. Select “Edit on SceneComposer”. Then play with scene composer view and scene explorer window. I.e:
Rotating camera on scenecomposer view
Selecting any Geometry on scene explorer window

1 Like

Thanks will check