getClassTag() doesn't need to be implemented?

Hello,

I've been doing engine upgrade for our project.

This is one weird behaviour I've encountered. Now, it might be that IntelliJ is just acting up, but seriously…

My derivatives of Spatial require me, by Savable interface, to implement getClassTag. Or at least, my IDE claims so by painting text red all around. Funny, when I want to implement a method (via shortcut), there is no implementation-lacking methods. The getClassTag is found in override method list. Even funnier, when I override the method, it is marked as implemented instead of overriden. Most funny, I can compile and run with this errors…

Eh… this two-days-detached-from-trunk-engine-upgrade period was so painful, I'm tired… please someone explain this magic to me… and write some nice, friendly, comforting words, because the void out of the window on the 5th floor looks very inviting…

Thank you :).

Not sure what problem you're having… Spatial is an abstract class, Savable defines the method getClassTag() which Spatial implements. So your subclasses of Spatial do not have to implement getClassTag().