Getting camera location between updates

Then something is wrong.

Something is wrong :> Something we can both agree on.

The biggest issue I had was sliding down slopes which I fixed by adjusting the friction settings whenever my character control wasn’t being moved.

The second issue is when you stop on a slope the control jumps. I made a post about that already but no one has responded. I found decreasing the speed stops this behavior but with decreased speed comes the need to scale down the model into order to compensate for the slowness.

You might search the forum as this one seems to come up fairly often and maybe people are just fatigued.

I don’t use bullet so I can’t offer any help… 99 times out of 100, the character control has been defined with very strange size and mass, though. (Short fat hunks of styrofoam.)

I know what the issue is with the bouncing. The biggest problem is the general motion physics that is being applied. It’s more suitable for something like a flight simulator. The physics were designed general purposes and you need to custom tailor it to suite your needs.

If by “bouncing” you mean jumping like a stunt man over hills… then yes, that has to do with the fact that most people model motion like a jet pack on the characters back. And of course the jet pack will keep pushing them in the air.

Also, in video games, most characters move faster than they ever would in real life… which is usually why games like Half-Life, etc. double the gravity.