Glow renders over everything

<cite>@thetoucher said:</cite> terrain is simple perlin noise octaves... "zblur effect" is my "physical camera" shader, thanks =)

i know perlin but perlin noise octaves ???
i mean it is really nice, it looks like metabals aglomeration or something
what is the main difference between the jme zblur shader and your camera shader ?
just curious

The terrain is done roughly the same as outlined in GPU Gems 3 : Chapter 1. Generating Complex Procedural Terrains Using the GPU.

<cite>@curtisnewton said:</cite> what is the main difference between the jme zblur shader and your camera shader ?

There isnā€™t really a main difference, they both work similarly, Iā€™ve just incorporated a bunch of subtle tweaks and added some more control.

<cite>@thetoucher said:</cite> The terrain is done roughly the same as outlined in GPU Gems 3 : Chapter 1. Generating Complex Procedural Terrains Using the GPU.

There isnā€™t really a main difference, they both work similarly, Iā€™ve just incorporated a bunch of subtle tweaks and added some more control.

it is actually my nth attempt to use the dof filter, but i still have the same issue, the zblur scale parameter is the onlyone that i can change with an effect, the range and dist parameters dont change anything
thatā€™s why i ask
are you from belgium ?

<cite>@curtisnewton said:</cite> it is actually my nth attempt to use the dof filter, but i still have the same issue, the zblur scale parameter is the onlyone that i can change with an effect, the range and dist parameters dont change anything

I find that odd, this is nothing but the DOF filter with some controls added so I can change the values in real-time.

ā€¦ and no, not from Belgium, Iā€™m an Aussie.

<cite>@thetoucher said:</cite> I find that odd, this is nothing but the DOF filter with some controls added so I can change the values in real-time.

ā€¦ and no, not from Belgium, Iā€™m an Aussie.

yes strange

i tried it in many different apps i made, at different times through the last years and the whole screen is blured without nuance regarding the z buffer
donnoā€¦

thx anyway

thought of belgium cos of the smurf :slight_smile:

try adding some real time controls so you can tweak each value while your app is running, itā€™s too hard to notice subtle differences if you have to fire up your app each time.

@curtisnewton said: yes strange

i tried it in many different apps i made, at different times through the last years and the whole screen is blured without nuance regarding the z buffer
donnoā€¦

thx anyway

thought of belgium cos of the smurf :slight_smile:

Youā€™d have to show us how you setup your post processor. The DoF filter works fine for me.

<cite>@pspeed said:</cite> You'd have to show us how you setup your post processor. The DoF filter works fine for me.

ok i finaly could make it work
something to do with the glow shader (when on , the problem occurs)

how can i achieve both effects?

do i have add them to the same FilterPostProcessor ?

<cite>@pspeed said:</cite> You'd have to show us how you setup your post processor. The DoF filter works fine for me.

ok for those interested

i managed to make it work by adding the bloom and dof filter to the same FilterPostProcessor
i also create the glow before the dof filter (althought i havent tried the other way around)

I have bit similar problem - for me, if I enable BloomFilter, all translucent objects are rendered on top of rest of the things, seemingly ignoring z-buffer. Of course, depth test is enabled - and if I remove BloomFilter, everything works ok.

What is interesting is that none of the objects have glow color or glow map in this caseā€¦

EDIT:
And it was caused by lack of TranslucentBucketFilter added to the sceneā€¦