GLSL Shader effects without SimplePassGame

i am working on a game that is designed with multiple Gamestates running at the same time. however it looks very ugly and i would like to add some special effects to cover up our bad graphics  :D. i figured i would start with GLSL shader effects since they seem to make things look pretty good. unfortunately all the examples seem to use SimplePassGame. i have looked into the SimplePassGame, and found that it uses the BasicPassManager.

so my question is: what would be the best way to implement GLSL Shader effects to a GameState based game?

"I think" that those "water and blom"shaders requirre multipass rendering to work correctly, I use a toon shader just fine without multipass, infact, I my self was curious about adding water to my standardgamegamestates app…, but I digress u dont need multipass rendering for all shader effects.

You just have to create you own BasicPassManager and add any number of passes that you want. then in the update() cleanup() and render() methods of your GameState you call the appropriate methods in the BasicPassManager.

i think i tried that once. i got a bunch of errors when i added the bloom render pass (i do have the glsl support on my computer and the samples work the the simplePassGame)

clwillingham said:

i think i tried that once. i got a bunch of errors when i added the bloom render pass (i do have the glsl support on my computer and the samples work the the simplePassGame)

1. I know it works, i use it like that and its intended to be used like that when working with StandardGame.
2. We won't be able to help you if you tell us you have errors and not which. Even better would be a StackTrace. Reconstruct it, should be done in 10 minutes.  ;)