Grappling Hook

"target acquired" - "charging …" - "fire!" , could be fun.

But different kind of beep beep's could be fun also.

Like the Sentry guns in Team Fortress 2, you know exactly when you've been spotted.

Hey, :slight_smile: thanks for your inspiration. :slight_smile:

I will try the voice or gibberish first, because it should be easier to do than cool beeps.

Today I learned, that I'm good at producing gibberish, because none of my play-testers could understand the ingame-voice-comments. :smiley:

You can't destroy the turrets because the game is "non-violent"…but you can take damage. If the turrets kill you…isn't that violent? :stuck_out_tongue:

It's really turning out to be an awesome looking game!

Starnick said:

You can't destroy the turrets because the game is "non-violent"...but you can take damage. If the turrets kill you...isn't that violent? :P

When a turret kills a player, that is an accident and not violence. The player was just a bit to slow to dodge. ;)
Is a staircase violent, when a clumsy person fells it down? ;)

Starnick said:

It's really turning out to be an awesome looking game!

:) :) :)
JackNeil said:

Is a staircase violent, when a clumsy person fells it down? ;)

hahaha :)

Uh ho, by labeling it an accident, the player should be able to SUE the company for all its worth and shut down those turrets :stuck_out_tongue:

Starnick said:

Uh ho, by labeling it an accident, the player should be able to SUE the company for all its worth and shut down those turrets :P

Funny that you, an american, had this idea. :D ;) *taking cover*

I'm really happy that you like the visual style, because it was one of the major challenges for me.

I hope you will also like the sound design, because I invested a lot of time to find and create sounds for almost every action to give a good feedback. :slight_smile:

Thank you sbook. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Exciting stuff!  The game looks excellent and I think you've infused just the right design and color elements…  It really brings me back to that doom/quake era when games still required a suspension of disbelief…  (I'll take something that removes me from this stream of consciousness and puts me in the unfamiliar any day of the week over super-realism)

in short: kudos

Hi, :slight_smile:

I posted a new update on the project website including a screenshot of the recreated electricity trap: http://www.speedrungames.com/

I hope, that I can finish the game within the next 4 weeks, so everyone can play the public demo. :slight_smile:

Cya, :slight_smile:

JackNeil

JackNeil said:

I hope, that I can finish the game within the next 4 weeks, so everyone can play the public demo. :)

nice to see your steady progress :) ..but leave me some players for my game since we will launch a public demo in ~4 weeks as well :D

cheers and have a nice weekend,
denzer
denzer said:

leave me some players for my game since we will launch a public demo in ~4 weeks as well :D

What about cross-marketing to ensure that all players play both demos? ;)

isn't that what we are doing right now in this thread? :smiley: well let's talk about it on the GamesCom :wink:

http://www.speedrungames.com/

#jme2, #speedrungames

Hope you don't mind me doing another twitter test, this time for your game because it's it most certainly shows jME from a good side :slight_smile:

Have fun and best of luck with GamesCom to both of ya!

erlend_sh said:

Hope you don't mind me doing another twitter test, this time for your game because it's it most certainly shows jME from a good side :)

Have fun and best of luck with GamesCom to both of ya!

Thanks for both. :)
I will do my best to show jME from a good side. :)

Hi,

I passed my exam, so I have time again to work on Grappling Hook. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Since Tuesday I created 3 new levels and made some other changes.

On the project website are more informations and a screenshot of a new level: http://www.speedrungames.com/

Cya, :slight_smile:

JackNeil

Congrats on your exam!

Those are sweet updates. Hopefully when we got the new website up this is the kind of RSS feed we could keep up to date with directly from the front end, as long as you make it worthwhile ;D

JackNeil said:

Since Tuesday I created 3 new levels and made some other changes.

that looks really, really good! :D when do we play?
Congrats on your exam!

Thank you. :)

blue_veek said:

when do we play?

I hope you will play the demo in 2 or 3 weeks. :)

I recorded a short gameplay-video of the new labyrinth-level: