GSoC 2015 - Ideas List

Hi,

I think it can be enough. In my personal opinion the most usefull thing to learn would be how the JMe renderer works internally. Eg Viewport,Material,ect. handling

1 Like

Hi,

OK , I found an openGL course which I’ll watch first , then I’ll turn to jme itself
Is there a specific project in mind for now ? I think gsoc requires some restricted definite project

When doing an openGL course also make sure to learn about GLSL and Vertex/Fragment Shaders.

That’s far more important then the glBegin() stuff with the Vertex Index buffer and whatsoever as this is handled by jme for nearly any case (or would only require slight modifications)

I actually learnt it through Googles Android OpenGL-ES Tutorials but Jme makes things far more easy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,
I am currently pursuing a CS undergrad from India. I am passionate about computer graphics. I know OpenGL, C++ and Java. I am looking GSoC as an oppertunity to become a long term member and contribute towards open-source. I have decent proficiency in OpenGL, implemented a ray tracer in C++ and certified in J2SE and J2EE.

Is there any specific project idea I can work on?

Other than understanding JME renderer code, Is there anything specific I need to learn before the application period begins.

Thanks in advance.

This topic is now wiki-enabled. This means you can edit the topic post to enter your idea.

(If you happen to edit at the same time as someone else, the last one to save “wins”, but all revisions are tracked. That being said, please copy your text before saving.)

I’d love to see the following ideas fleshed out and added (feel free to go into much more detail than I have in my current additions):

1 Like

Unfortunately we did not get accepted for GSoC 2015. The “why” of these things is never easy to ascertain, as participation is pretty much hit & miss. It happens to the big ones (e.g. Blender, WordPress) from time to time too.

So, carry on with what you were doing anyways I guess :smiley:

2 Likes

No biggie, there’s always next year. :wink:

1 Like

What about JSoC? Will you contnue this year?

1 Like

Thanks for the effort anyway. :chimpanzee_amused: