GTX 260 - Framebuffer-Exception

Hey, :slight_smile:

since I’ve updatet to the newest driver version of my graphic card (NVIDIA GTX 260), jMonkeyEngine throws this error:

SCHWERWIEGEND: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Framebuffer object format is unsupported by the video hardware.
at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.checkFrameBufferError(LwjglRenderer.java:1124)
at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.setFrameBuffer(LwjglRenderer.java:1381)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:701)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:742)
at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:252)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:158)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:203)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:221)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Is there a way to prevent this or is jME incompatible with this kind of driver version?

destro :)

Can you post the contents of the “Graphics Capabilities” window in the SDK “Help” menu? Ideally with the new and old drivers but if its too much hassle the new one will do for now. What kind of tests did you run or what material types / processors do you use in your app?

Graphics Capabilities

Graphics Capabilities
FrameBuffer
FrameBufferMRT
FrameBufferMultisample
TextureMultisample
OpenGL20
OpenGL21
OpenGL30
OpenGL31
OpenGL32
ARBprogram
GLSL100
GLSL110
GLSL120
GLSL130
GLSL140
GLSL150
VertexTextureFetch
TextureArray
TextureBuffer
FloatTexture
FloatColorBuffer
FloatDepthBuffer
PackedFloatTexture
SharedExponentTexture
PackedFloatColorBuffer
TextureCompressionLATC
MeshInstancing
VertexBufferArray

The error appears after this output in the console:
INFO: Camera created (W: 512, H: 512)
24.03.2011 20:01:27 com.jme3.renderer.Camera
INFO: Camera created (W: 512, H: 512)
24.03.2011 20:01:27 com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer setFrameBuffer

SCHWERWIEGEND: Problem FBO:
FrameBuffer[format=1280x720x1, drawBuf=0]
Depth => TextureTarget[format=Depth24]
Color(0) => TextureTarget[format=RGBA8]

24.03.2011 20:01:27 com.jme3.app.Application handleError
SCHWERWIEGEND: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Framebuffer object format is unsupported by the video hardware.
at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.checkFrameBufferError(LwjglRenderer.java:1124)
at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.setFrameBuffer(LwjglRenderer.java:1381)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:701)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:742)
at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:252)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:158)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:203)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:221)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I hope, this helps you - But sometimes, it works. Right now, it worked fine one time, but as I startet it again (the same app), it crashed...

Uh, its indeterministic? What tests do this exactly? Really sounds more like the driver is messed up or your graphics card has a memory problem that only shows with the new driver…

Hi,

I have Nvidia GTX 280 and mine is not giving these problems that you describe.

Driver version:

Driver date

2010-10-16

What version of the Nvidia drivers are you using that gives you this problem?

Cheers

Andre

@jatheron

Driver Version: 266.58

(Your’s is 260.99, I think)

PUSH

Are there any ideas?

EDIT: Or do you know a website, where I can download older NVIDIA graphic card drivers? Ok, I found something - I’ll download an older version and hope that it’ll work with jME3…

EDIT²: I finally succeed. :slight_smile: The new (old :D) driver version is 8.17.12.5896 (= 258.96), if someone has the same problem. Maybe the 265-series doesn’t work with jME3??? I don’t know… But it works again and so I’m happy. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the help, guys! :slight_smile: You’re doing a great job!!! :smiley: