Help I have lag?

So, I just bought the game, started it up and all that. I crashed on the first try because I had advanced graphics disabled. I have Intel HD Graphics® card, which I know isn’t the best, but should be able to handle this game right? I can run Rome Total War, so…it seems I could run this. Should I try updating/downgrading Java? Or should I run it in compatability mode?

Specs:

Windows 7

Intel Pentium 2.0 GHz Dual Core

Intel HD Graphics Card®

It is an Asus Laptop, and I can run most games fine.

I also have an old desktop that I am working on fixing…I installed 3079 on it today, but it crashes even when I turn off Advanced Graphics.

I forgot to mention, the old desktop is running Windows XP. Could that be the problem?

The intel card isn’t helping.

How does minecraft perform on your machine? Voxel worlds in general can require a videocard capable of pushing through a lot of polygons. Even through the worlds look square and not detailed, they do have a significant amount of polys.

If it is a full-on crash you are getting, can you post the error log here? Then maybe Phr00t can track down the issue easier.

Okay, I will put the error code up.

Minecraft runs 20-30 FPS…so it doesn’t run great. But the old Desktop runs Minecraft great.

Something broke! You may want to try turning off Advanced Graphics when restarting,

or this crash might be caused by something completely different.

If turning off Advanced Graphics doesn’t help, please report this to ‘phr00t@gmail.com’.

Thread: LWJGL Renderer Thread

Version: v2.4.19 BETA

com.jme3.renderer.RendererException: Invalid ID (-2147483647) received when trying to create shader program.

at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.updateShaderData(LwjglRenderer.java)

at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.setShader(LwjglRenderer.java)

at com.jme3.material.Material.render(Material.java)

at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderGeometry(RenderManager.java)

at com.jme3.renderer.queue.RenderQueue.renderGeometryList(RenderQueue.java)

at com.jme3.renderer.queue.RenderQueue.renderQueue(RenderQueue.java)

at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPortQueues(RenderManager.java)

at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.flushQueue(RenderManager.java)

at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java)

at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please either take a screenshot of this, or paste this copied message

into an e-mail before clicking OK (only send if unchecking ‘Advanced Graphics’ doesn’t help).

I did try turning off Advanced Graphics as well.

You might want to try updating your graphics drivers… that looks like an ugly error…

3079 doesn’t really work very well with Intel HD cards, because they are a bit slow. 3079 does use quite a bit of polys in the terrain :confused:

@phr00t said:
You might want to try updating your graphics drivers... that looks like an ugly error..

3079 doesn't really work very well with Intel HD cards, because they are a bit slow. 3079 does use quite a bit of polys in the terrain :/

Alright, I'll try that. I installed a "Driver Manager" software onto my old desktop, and am doing an update scan. Hopefully it will pick something up. I tried going to the site, but they no longer support the graphics card due to its age (ATI Raedon 9600 Series.)

As my laptop goes, I have given up. I believe I will just need to buy a new one. I have had trouble with games in the past as well.

However, in the small bits I have played it, I can say it seems fun...I just wish I could play it a bit more smooth. Nonetheless, looks like solid work.

I removed that error message, I got some report that it might be okay to get IDs such as this, since only an ID of zero indicates an error. Maybe you can try again?

@Momoko_Fan said:
I removed that error message, I got some report that it might be okay to get IDs such as this, since only an ID of zero indicates an error. Maybe you can try again?

I have tried several times since this message, and I get the same thing. I am looking into the driver updates, I believe I will be able to get them...once I do I will tell you all the outcome.
@namone said:
I have tried several times since this message, and I get the same thing. I am looking into the driver updates, I believe I will be able to get them...once I do I will tell you all the outcome.

@Momoko_Fan updated the engine... An update like that won't be reflected until @phr00t updates the build in 3079

You will probably need to grab the nightly build and replace the jMonkeyEngine3.jar file in 3079, assuming the author didn’t make any modifications to the engine

Ahhh, OK. I’ll grab the nightly – I just released v2.5.3b, so it might need to wait a few days before I can push out another with this update included :confused:

I updated my video drivers to no avail.

Sorry for being new…but what is this nightly build?

@namone said:
Sorry for being new...but what is this nightly build?

Something I have to worry about, not you :D

Basically, it is a daily update for the engine I use, jMonkeyEngine. These wonderful guys fixed it, so then I will rebuild 3079 with the update and push it out to you guys.

Okay then.