Help! Just set up the engine, but it won't work?!

Hey there,

I just set up the engine, using the tutorial here:

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_eclipse_to_build_jme

I did exactly what the tutorial said.

Everytime, I would like to run the TestTeapot, as descriped in the tutorial, I get following message:

11.10.2009 17:40:13 com.jme.app.BaseGame start
INFO: Application started.
11.10.2009 17:40:13 com.jme.system.PropertiesIO <init>
INFO: PropertiesIO created
11.10.2009 17:40:13 com.jme.system.PropertiesIO load
WARNUNG: Could not load properties. Creating a new one.
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:

at com.jme.system.DisplaySystem.getSystemProviderIdentifiers(DisplaySystem.java:216)
   at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLPropertiesDialog.setUpRendererChooser(LWJGLPropertiesDialog.java:455)
   at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLPropertiesDialog.createUI(LWJGLPropertiesDialog.java:311)
   at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLPropertiesDialog.<init>(LWJGLPropertiesDialog.java:202)
   at com.jme.app.AbstractGame$1.run(AbstractGame.java:205)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I hope someone can help me! Best regards, Patrick

did you give LWJGL.jar its native library?

That’s a jME1 tutorial on that page which is now obsolete, jME2 is on SVN on Google Code, follow this guide

NOTE:  For the past week or so, we’ve been integrating a new backend to the physics engine in the form of JBullet and Bullet bindings to replace ODE (Open Dynamics Engine).  You may get along either if you ignore the physics setup for now as it will likely need to be revised once we’re done with the overhaul :slight_smile:

sbook, that is good to know.

but it sounds like it might be a pain on the user end to update all the tutorials and stuff for ODE

will this new physics engine come pre-built into JME2? or as a seperate project like the current JME-Physics?

Eggsworth said:

sbook, that is good to know.

but it sounds like it might be a pain on the user end to update all the tutorials and stuff for ODE

will this new physics engine come pre-built into JME2? or as a seperate project like the current JME-Physics?

We're working on getting it stable in the current jME-Physics repository.  There are talks of then getting it integrated with the jME2 codebase.  However it ends up going, one of the big pushes for jME 2.0.1 was documentation, both within the code and on the website.  This will be continuing through to further iterations of jME2 as well as the in-development jME3..

That all said, we'll be sure that appropriate documentation for setup and usage accompanies the physics engine.