Help needed with setting up blender ogreXML exports

I have made several models in blender, and have been trying for about a 1 1/2 days to figure out how to export my blender mesh. I am on windows 7, with blender 2.60a, I tried “Tools > OgreXML > Install Blender OgreXML” and than set it to the “program files” and the “user > appdata” and that didn’t work. Then I followed the tutorial at https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme2:blender_ogrexml_tutorial and that didn’t work. I have tried switching blender versions to 2.59a and then re installing ogrexml and that didn’t solve anything (I’ve also tried it with python 2.6 and 3.3.2). What else can I try before I conclude that I can’t use Ogre XML.

Lol! Just enable the OgreMeshesExporter plugin in blender after installed it in script folder. You enable it via FIle

> User Preferences
>Add-Ons
>Import-Export
>OgreMeshesExporter. Also, I'm tired with so many questions about it . The forum search is righ there
>
1 Like

Thanks for helping me find the answer, Under Import-Export i had to go to ‘install new plugin’ instead of just expecting it to show up. Also I (thought) that I searched the forum (but only now did I realize that I was searching the wiki. -.-)

@glaucomardano said: Lol! Just enable the OgreMeshesExporter plugin in blender after installed it in script folder. You enable it via FIle

> User Preferences

>Add-Ons

>Import-Export

>OgreMeshesExporter. Also, I’m tired with so many questions about it . The forum search is righ there

>

should be a hint that this information is missing in the sdk :wink: maybe add it to the info text when it says “script installed”

1 Like