Help setting up MonkeyWorld 3D 4.2

can anybody guide me on how to set up monkeyworld 3d since it has no installer… os: winxp and m using eclipse 3.4(ganymede)… video tutorial would be better… :smiley: thank you!!

You can read the annoncement for MW3D 4.2 here: http://mw3d.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=72

There you can read, how it can be installed. It's a simpe unzip and put the SWT jars from the download page in the plugins directory.

i still can't figure it out?  :frowning: can anybody pls teach me step by step? from downloadin it running it…

1. Download MonkeyWorld 3D from here
  2. Unpack the zip file to folder of your choice (how about: C:MW3D)
  3. Download the SWT plugins for your platform (in your case the win32 version)
  4. Put this file into the plugins directory: (<installdir>/plugins)
  5. Start <installdir>mw3d.exe

Hope this helps

There is someplace where could I find a "MonkeyWorld User guide"?

Im trying to use it but UNSUCEFULL.

I would like to produce some "terrains" and its not so intuitive to set up the "Terrains/Terrain View"… the Texture layers for terrains and so son!

Has someone produced a tutorial or a user guide for this tool?!

Thanks a lot!

Unfortunatly we dont have such a thing, volunteers welcome!  :smiley:

i have a problem… how do you add objects in the terrain?

You can create primitives (context menu in the outline view)

Did 4.2 fix the Texture scaling bug? Where you could apply a TextureState but changing the Scale of the TextureUnit wouldn't actually do anything?

I was able to run MW3D 4.2 on Win XP SP3, however it looks like I don;t have mw3d-terrain plugin, is there any binary distro ?

I tried to create terrain but I'm missing terrain artifacts from context menus.

I checked out the whole MW3D but currently I was not able to build it .

Everything should be in the distro on sourceforge (except swt…) so i cant tell you, what the issue might be. Maybe the plugin does not get activated, because of some error. Take a look at your .log file in <workspace>/.metadata/.log

Maybe there its listed why the plugin cant be activated.

yes that was a good tip, there was this strange dll missing:

!SESSION 2009-02-07 15:29:55.500

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_12-ea
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.filesystem 1 1 2009-02-07 15:30:04.734
!MESSAGE Could not load library: localfile_1_0_0.dll.  This library provides platform-specific optimizations for certain file system operations.  This library is not present on all platforms, so this may not be an error.  The resources plug-in will safely fall back to using java.io.File functionality.
!STACK 0
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no localfile_1_0_0 in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFileNatives.<clinit>(LocalFileNatives.java:32)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFile.fetchInfo(LocalFile.java:141)
at org.eclipse.core.filesystem.provider.FileStore.fetchInfo(FileStore.java:277)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.read(FileSystemResourceManager.java:688)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.restoreMetaInfo(SaveManager.java:797)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.restoreMetaInfo(SaveManager.java:777)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.restore(SaveManager.java:663)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.startup(SaveManager.java:1326)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.startup(Workspace.java:1953)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.open(Workspace.java:1716)
at org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin.start(ResourcesPlugin.java:376)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1009)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:984)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:265)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:400)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:427)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:193)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:368)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:33)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:441)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:397)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:385)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:87)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.model.WorkbenchAdapterFactory.<init>(WorkbenchAdapterFactory.java:35)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.model.WorkbenchAdapterBuilder.registerAdapters(WorkbenchAdapterBuilder.java:33)
at com.mw3d.swt.ui.WorkbenchAdvisorHack.preStartup(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$27.runWithException(Workbench.java:1359)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:133)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3800)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3425)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2293)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2198)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:493)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:288)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:488)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at com.mw3d.swt.ui.Application.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:382)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)

I can see it presented in osgi plugin in eclipse, however it might not be an error and this is the only thingy in log file

here are some more issues:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2009-02-07 15:51:06.703
!MESSAGE An unexpected exception was thrown.
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.mw3d.base.swt.context.WorldContext.cleanup(Unknown Source)
   at com.mw3d.base.swt.views.ContextualView.dispose(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPartHelper(ViewReference.java:459)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:230)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:594)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:306)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewPane.setVisible(ViewPane.java:531)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:180)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:270)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:473)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1256)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:668)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:576)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartSashContainer.createControl(PartSashContainer.java:568)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveHelper.activate(PerspectiveHelper.java:271)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Perspective.onActivate(Perspective.java:964)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.setPerspective(WorkbenchPage.java:3568)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busySetPerspective(WorkbenchPage.java:1032)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$16(WorkbenchPage.java:1016)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$18.run(WorkbenchPage.java:3667)
   at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.setPerspective(WorkbenchPage.java:3665)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveBarContributionItem.select(PerspectiveBarContributionItem.java:124)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveBarContributionItem$1.widgetSelected(PerspectiveBarContributionItem.java:93)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3823)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3422)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2382)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2346)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 4 0 2009-02-07 15:51:06.718
!MESSAGE Unable to create view ID com.mw3d.swt.ui.views.particles.Particles3DView: An unexpected exception was thrown.
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.mw3d.base.swt.context.AbstractContext.configureWorldLight(Unknown Source)
   at com.mw3d.base.swt.context.AbstractContext.setSceneNode(Unknown Source)
   at com.mw3d.swt.ui.views.particles.Particles3DView.create3DElements(Unknown Source)
   at com.mw3d.swt.ui.views.particles.Particles3DView.extraInstall(Unknown Source)
   at com.mw3d.base.swt.views.BaseView.createPartControl(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPartHelper(ViewReference.java:371)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:230)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:594)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:306)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewPane.setVisible(ViewPane.java:531)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:180)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:270)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:473)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1256)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:668)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:576)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartSashContainer.createControl(PartSashContainer.java:568)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveHelper.activate(PerspectiveHelper.java:271)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Perspective.onActivate(Perspective.java:964)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.setPerspective(WorkbenchPage.java:3568)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busySetPerspective(WorkbenchPage.java:1032)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$16(WorkbenchPage.java:1016)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$18.run(WorkbenchPage.java:3667)
   at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.setPerspective(WorkbenchPage.java:3665)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveBarContributionItem.select(PerspectiveBarContributionItem.java:124)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveBarContributionItem$1.widgetSelected(PerspectiveBarContributionItem.java:93)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3823)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3422)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2382)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2346)

Those NPEs can be tracked. I think, i must install my development environment again some day … :wink:

The NPE is already fixed in SVN

Hi everyone,

I am also having some problems installing MonkeyWorld3D 4.2! Maybe someone can help me… :wink:

• I followed instruction of this video tutorial : http://www.lumenon.nl/MW3D/MW3D.html
  • I downloaded everything available on the svn… so mw3d-library, mappping, terrain  …

But when I try to run the MonkeyWorld3D I get this error message (log-file):

SESSION Tue Mar 17 14:09:31 CET 2009

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2009-03-17 14:09:31.718
!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
!STACK
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:546)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)

Any ideas about what I made wrong? I downloaded the win32-jar and put it in the "buildresourceswin-32plugins" folder. Is that my mistake? Where do I have to put it?

Thanks for all the help ;)
Rapidm

wups… Finally got it. Just got it directly from sourceforge… thanks  rapidm

SVN is now on Google