Help with creating cube

Hey, im not to sure im posting this in the right forum so go easy…

I am going through the tutorials given on the Wiki, and after a while on setting up jME on several different platforms i am running it on ubuntu.

The problem is in the first tutorial i cannot get the cube to show!, to be honest im not to sure whether i give the right information when the pop-up comes up before the application is started, here is the code (You will notice its from tutorials 1):

[java]package mygame;

import com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication;

import com.jme3.math.Vector3f;

import com.jme3.material.Material;

import com.jme3.scene.Geometry;

import com.jme3.scene.shape.Box;

import com.jme3.math.ColorRGBA;

import com.jme3.scene.Node;

public class Main extends SimpleApplication

{

public static void main(String args[])

{

Main app = new Main();

app.start();

}

@Override

public void simpleInitApp()

{

Box b = new Box(new Vector3f(-1, 1, 1), 1, 1, 1);

Geometry blue = new Geometry(“Box”, b);

Material mat = new Material(assetManager, “Common/MatDefs/Misc/SolidColor.j3md”);

mat.setColor(“m_Color”, ColorRGBA.Blue);

blue.setMaterial(mat);

rootNode.attachChild(blue);

}

}[/java]

The settings i use before it started are:

640 x 480 - 24 bpp - Disabled - Fullscreen (false) - VSync (false) - LWJGL-OpenGL2

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

I moved you post to the troubleshooting general.

This should work fine, have you got any error in the log? like a compilation error in the shader?

Also on Ubuntu, I had to start my first application twice to get it to run… Looked like the first run extracted some opengl-related .so files and then crashed. Seems to happen every time I used a new renderer

What’s the crash? Is it an exception or a native crash?

Can’t reproduce the error I had now (by deleting the .so files from my workspace at least). It was an exception, and if I remember correctly something about a missing dependency. I’m using a newer nightly build now, but it could also be something with Eclipse…

so did it not run at first (but after?) or not at all?

If it runs it ight be that you see nothing due to a missing light(not sure if there is one in simpleapplication)

First time I started my application I got the splash screen, I pressed the start button and the program failed with an exception. Then I started the application again and it worked as it was supposed to. Only happened once per renderer, all subsequent runs succeeded.

But what was the exception? Something like “no lwjgl in java.library.path”?

Maybe you can post the stack trace?

Well that’s the problem, I haven’t been able to reproduce the exception and I can’t remeber exactly what it said. I think it was something similar to “no lwjgl in java.library.path”… I remember seeing a .so file being created in my workspace/ on the first run, if that’s any help.