Help with installing in netbeans 5.5

Right now i am using "setting_up_netbeans_5.0_to_build_jme_and_jme-physics_2]] jME Wiki" to install jme in Netbeans5.5.
Everything was going fine until i got to the step: "Create a NetBeans project for jME".
After I set my location the next step is to press "next", but Netbeans will not allow me to without putting the build script in.
Is the wiki missing a step or am I doing something wrong?
I know this is probably a noob question, but can someone help me with my problem :?

The location should be the same place the build.xml is at, in which case NetBeans sets the build script property automatically and enables the Next button. Can you post the locations of both the build.xml after cvs checkout and what exactly you give NetBeans as the project location?

I have no idea where the build.xml is. It did not automatically find the build.xml when I entered the location of my jme file, which is in my  documents. Is there a subfolder (from jme) where the build.xml normally resides in?

Natrone said:

I have no idea where the build.xml is

Search for it then. A simple yet stunningly effective way to find stuff in general ;)

BTW, the wiki tutorial might be wrong when it says you should append /jme to your jme checkout path, that depends on the cvs client and it's configuration you used during checkout. You might want to check if you have "/jme/jme" at the end of the path you specified, and remove one /jme in that case. But that should all become obvious once you have located the build.xml.

I conducted a search for "build.xml", it did not return the wanted results (build.xml). I checked to see if there was a extra /jme on the end of location path; there was no extra /jme. I also have downloaded the 1.0 cvs from jme's website, that did not yield any successful results. I also tried a "build.xml" search on that one; yielded no results. Anymore ideas? :?

Natrone said:

I conducted a search for "build.xml", it did not return the wanted results (build.xml). I checked to see if there was a extra /jme on the end of location path; there was no extra /jme.

In that case you should probably update jME from cvs with an external client, or maybe just check it out to the same location again using NetBeans. On some rare occasions the NetBeans cvs client used to "forget" files - that should have been fixed in 5.5 AFAIK, but you never know!

Natrone said:

I also have downloaded the 1.0 cvs from jme's website

Not sure what you mean, but it might not contain only the source code and required java libraries just like the source package under "download -> nightly build".

I redid the checkout and now it works, guessing it downloaded the missing files. Thank you for your help! :smiley:

You're welcome! I updated the wiki page to show a warning about this.