Help with tutorial

ok so i was going through the jME3 tutorial and when i got to the Hello Animation class and ran it and a few secs after i ran it i got this error

"SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

java.lang.NullPointerException

at HelloJME3.HelloAnimation.simpleInitApp(HelloAnimation.java:41)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:158)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:102)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:147)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

"

can anyone help me with it

dann12 said:

ok so i was going through the jME3 tutorial and when i got to the Hello Animation class and ran it and a few secs after i ran it i got this error
"SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at HelloJME3.HelloAnimation.simpleInitApp(HelloAnimation.java:41)
        at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:158)
        at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:102)
        at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:147)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
"
can anyone help me with it

Yeh, there's a problem with this tutorial. It can't load the model properly because it's looking for Oto.mesh.xml, and it should be Oto.meshxml.

cool, there is also a missing import statement in the Hello Materials part :stuck_out_tongue: