Hi... Can i run jME on Windows?

hi, sorry my question might be a noob approach for someone but i really need to know about it…

I'm planning to make a game on Iphones and regular phones.

Looking for a 3D Engine that works with Java on Win XP.

Please help me… I'm a student who wants to explore these…

Thanks…

You can run jME apps on Windows XP.

You cannot run jME apps on mobile phone platforms (perhaps with some very experimental exceptions).

oh… sad…

I like the graphics of this software… sigh

Ma'am i know it's awkward to ask this question here, but I hope the MOD will allow me…

Its been a week now, I'm still looking for a 3D engine that will run on Win Xp… I will use it for Iphone Game that will use Java Lang.

Please help me if u know some… I'm having hard time browsing information over the internet, coz my ISP is kinda crap this week…

Please help me if you know…

Thanks…

Its been a week now, I'm still looking for a 3D engine that will run on Win Xp..

the jmonkeyengine runs on Windows XP!

..I will use it for Iphone Game that will use Java Lang.

hm, but winXP is not running on the Iphone, is it?! *i dunno*

Unhapply jME is as portable as any C++ application, since it depends heavly on those jlgl stuff that are libraries made in C++ that is not realy what i call portable, just having one version for each OS won't work when you want to export it to cellphones and stuff, if jME did not needed native libraries you could put it on any cellphone that supports java, so the only way that i know of making a 3D application for cellphones or Iphones would be to use Java3D

PS: might not be acurate ;D

AFAIK the iPhone doesn't natively support java and Mr Jobs has no intention of doing so - to quote him … "Java's not worth building in. Nobody uses Java anymore. It's this big heavyweight ball and chain." (so you are already off to a bad start) - although there are a few java versions for unlocked and jailbroken phones.

Aside from the java aspect, you will also need native code to access OpenGL from java (as mentioned by guedez).

All in all, you're better off learning objective c :slight_smile:

Guedez said:
so the only way that i know of making a 3D application for cellphones or Iphones would be to use Java3D

Except that Java3D is also compiled and distributed per platform and contains native code.... :)

Use XMLVM or Mono to have a chance to use Java on Iphones.

My teacher makes iPhone games. From what he's told me, I believe you have no choice other than to use Apple's SDK to make iPhone games. Additionally, the SDK is only available if you own a mac.

And an intel mac at that - no support for PPC grrrr

I didn't know about that. So go buy a new mac. No java engine will let you make iPhone apps. Also, all Java applications run on all windows platforms. Otherwise they wouldn't be using Java, since the original reason for creating Java was the "write once, run anywhere" philosophy…

iPhone == Apple's SDK == Objective-C == Pure Evil. :-p

Certain commercial engines will build to an iPhone app for you. You still need to be able to build and sign it though.

ohw… Thanks for the replies, Sir and Ma'am…

So i have no choice but to purchase a MAc? sigh

cant afford it…

I hope there's 3D engine for Iphones that will run on WIn XP…

I've been searching for it…

Unfortunatelty, as far as I know the only way to build IPhone apps is on a Mac with their Objective-C Apple SDK (and they're 1000 new API's  w/e).  Good luck with your search  :smiley:

Thanks for all your replies…

Thanks a lot…

I asked on some forums, but they treated me in a rude way…

Thanks Guys.

iskawt said:

Thanks for all your replies...

Thanks a lot..

I asked on some forums, but they treated me in a rude way..

Thanks Guys.

I think you should really have a look at XMLVM or Mono and use  one of these solutions with an existing engine. But you will have to tinker a bit to use OpenGL-ES in Java on IPhone. Good luck.

Mr. Jobs says that no one is using Java anymore ? Who told him that ? I can't see why he should be against Java, but he must be…it sounds like the same bull I hear from the .NOT developers.

As far as I know, Java is the most popular language in the world…I read that somewhere but I'm not sure.

I think it's closely tied with C++?

Here: http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

And there we have the reason why I won't buy any Apple related stuff. Since everythin they do is kinda a closed system, and if not you have to do it their way and showve money up their ass.

(Just like the difference between a restaurant and cooking yourself. The restaurant you don't need to do much work , but it is expensive and you are limited, while the other need more time, but can be far more satisfing when you success)