Hold on to your hats

Remember all those times I said "I've fixed this bug locally… it will go into cvs on the next checkin…"?

Well…  It's that time.

Please be prepared for a lot of file changes.  MrCoder has unified our logging system usage and cleaned up all the printStackTrace/System.out/System.err junk we had sprinkled throughout the code, which means lots of files have been touched.  I've just spent a good couple hours merging the latest jME changes into this, but of course, I might have messed up a file or two, so please bark as needed.

Ok, here we go.

PS: I will post again when it is safe to sync.  This is taking a while since I am going through everything and commenting as i commit.

Ok, it's done.  I've tested that it compiles and runs from cvs on a clean eclipse workspace, but not with ant…  I imagine the build files may need some updates, particularly to include com.jmex.xml in a new jar and maybe other changes.  I'll leave this to one of the other devs who handle ant better. :slight_smile:

By the way, among various bug fixes and the logging cleanup, one thing of probably major interest is a cleanup of GL13 usage in renderer and textures in favor of ARB classes.  This should mean that jME works better on lower end machines or machines with older drivers.  It will be interesting to see how that pans out.

Great work! :slight_smile:

…couldn't really think of anything more thread-diverting at the moment, but wanted to break-up the monotony of Renanse talking to himself. :wink:

superb work!

i will check the merge and do additional cleanups and write some docs about how to best utilize the logging when i get back from austin(in two days that is, including the jet lag i have to get out of my system)

nice work!

also if you're interested i fixed up the ANT build a little bit to include the new jmex.xml package (Good idea breaking that out, XML data parsing will definitely come in handy for other game resources).

Here's a CVS patch file you can apply in Eclipse:

Index: build.xml
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/jme/build.xml,v
retrieving revision 1.43
diff -u -r1.43 build.xml
--- build.xml   25 May 2007 14:49:17 -0000   1.43
+++ build.xml   3 Aug 2007 02:57:19 -0000
@@ -99,9 +99,11 @@
    <target name="dist-terrain" depends="compile" description="generate jme jar file (terrain)">
       <jar jarfile="${jars}/jme-terrain.jar" basedir="${class}" update="no" compress="true" includes="**/com/jmex/terrain/**/*.class" />
    </target>
-
+   <target name="dist-xml" depends="compile" description="generate jme jar file (xml)">
+      <jar jarfile="${jars}/jme-xml.jar" basedir="${class}" update="no" compress="true" includes="**/com/jmex/xml/**/*.class" />
+   </target>
    <!-- Creates all the jME jars -->
-   <target name="dist-all" depends="dist-core, dist-terrain, dist-audio, dist-awt, dist-effects, dist-model, dist-collada, dist-sound, dist-editors, dist-font, dist-gamestates, dist-scene" description="Generate all jar files" />
+   <target name="dist-all" depends="dist-core, dist-terrain, dist-audio, dist-awt, dist-effects, dist-model, dist-collada, dist-sound, dist-editors, dist-font, dist-gamestates, dist-scene, dist-xml" description="Generate all jar files" />

<target name="webdist-all" depends="dist-all" description="sign JARs for JNLP distribution">
       <signjar jar="${jars}/jme.jar" alias="jme" keystore="${webstart}/${keyStore}" storepass="${storepass}" />
@@ -116,6 +118,7 @@
       <signjar jar="${jars}/jme-scene.jar" alias="jme" keystore="${webstart}/${keyStore}" storepass="${storepass}" />
       <signjar jar="${jars}/jme-sound.jar" alias="jme" keystore="${webstart}/${keyStore}" storepass="${storepass}" />
       <signjar jar="${jars}/jme-terrain.jar" alias="jme" keystore="${webstart}/${keyStore}" storepass="${storepass}" />
+      <signjar jar="${jars}/jme-xml.jar" alias="jme" keystore="${webstart}/${keyStore}" storepass="${storepass}" />
    </target>

<!-- Generats javadoc -->
@@ -126,8 +129,6 @@
          <fileset dir="${src}/com">
                 <include name="**/*.java" />
                 <exclude name="**/jmex/model/collada/schema/**" />
-                <exclude name="**/jmex/model/collada/types/**" />
-                <exclude name="**/jmex/model/collada/xml/**" />
          </fileset>
       </javadoc>
    </target>

If it's easier I posted the complete build.xml here:
http://daniels.douglas.googlepages.com/build.xml

Fabtabulous work!

Will check everything is OK over the weekend and certainly bark if anything breaks  :slight_smile:

finally! thank you guys.  :lol:

a side note: BUI is currently broken because of the changes to the logging system. i'll try to contact samskivert to ask him to either fix BUI, or to branch it for compatibility with the jme cvs.

Wohoo! This is really appreciated!

Sor

Indeed, I'm very eager to test out all the shiny new stuff  8)

Thanks very much!!

Hah, now i know what hit my cvs update yesterday leaving me with quite some local inconsistencies.

Keep it up guys  :slight_smile:

cool!  8) looking forward to check this out. keep it up!  :slight_smile:

dougnukem said:

If it's easier I posted the complete build.xml here:
http://daniels.douglas.googlepages.com/build.xml

Thanks, that helps a lot.  (For some reason, copying and pasting patches from the forum never works for me.  Something about formatting I think.)
renanse said:

Thanks, that helps a lot.  (For some reason, copying and pasting patches from the forum never works for me.  Something about formatting I think.)

Actually, I've experienced the same thing, but I just always assumed I was doing something wrong. 

sfera: Thanks!  I use BUI, and am kind of unaware of the state of development, but if he doesn't get it up and running with the new changes I'm sure someone will (if I have to, I will when I get the free time…but that'd lead to a bunch of different copies floating around…).

@sarcius: only the tests are broken. and that only because of the logging statements. nothing critical.

Never mind me, then 

YaY!!!  :mrgreen:

I was gone for a month (summer vacations  8) ) and I am welcomed by this very interesting topic!.. Great job guys…

Checking out from CVS…  :smiley: