HottBJ - Problems exporting Objects

Problems related with the exporting of objects using HottBJ.

Thanks a lot to everyone for your help. I'm almost getting the thing working. The problem I just can't solve now is related with the animations. Though I can read all the animations of the model, when i play them all i get is the last frame like frozen. I thought maybe it was because it was running too fast and i wasn't handling it, but if i run it in the "Modeler" (the one mentioned on the hottbj tutorial) and loop it, i get the same thing. Thanks in advance guys.

I'm following the HottbBJ tutorial. Right now I'm on the animations using skelletons part, but i just can't export the armature to jme. When i press "Export" a menu appears that says "[Object: Armature]" and two options "Try other settings" and "Abort Export". The console output says only "Object: Armature". I tried other settings, but still got the same.

I'm running the latest version of blender 2.48a and HottBJ 0.3d.

Please help. Thanx.

Have you selected all objects that you want to export (mesh and armature)?  Only selected objects will make the list for export.

Hi krumstone

Did you try to turn it off and on again? :smiley: Sry,just kidding!

Did you try to only export the mesh? Is that working?

Most problems you could have are:

• you didn't use ctrl-a on the mesh
  • mesh and aramture have to be at the same location. So if you create your armature, select the model use

shift-s->cursor to selecton  and then you can start with editing your mesh. Don't move it in object mode!!!

Actually I don't know how to fix that locationthing afterwards ( alt+g might work, but I'm not sure )

BTW: As far as I know there is a 0.3f release ( http://pub.admc.com/misc/jme/ ) Maybe updating should be the first step.

Hmm,…if all of this is not leading to the goal you can upload it somehow somwhere and provide me a link to it and I will have a look in blender.

ttrocha said:

BTW: As far as I know there is a 0.3f release ( http://pub.admc.com/misc/jme/ ) Maybe updating should be the first step.

Exactly right Tom.  The error message indicates a Python mistake which should be fixed in HottBJ even if it is arising from a procedural mistake.  But there is no reason for everybody to waste their time trying to diagnose a problem which may have been fixed in one of the 2 intervening releases.

Great. It is fixed on the latest HottBJ version. Thanx a lot guys!

A XMLAnimator… sry, for some reason I thought you meant XMLImporter. Then there is still for that model an export-problem! Plz send me your blender-file so I can have a look. (I will send you my eMail via PM)

Hi. I just completed the animations tutorial with blender + HottBJ. I have no problems with the exporter, but when i load the model in jME the model looks like a big ugly shapeless thing, not at all the way it looks in blender… I also loaded the model into the XmlAnimator class to test the animations and the same thing happens, plus i can't see any animation (though the class notice there are animations available with the model). I noticed that i must "LocScale" every time i scale any mesh for it to be applied on jME, but other than that, nothing. Please help… again.

We can just guess,… easiest would be to give us your blender-file so we could have a look.

Check in blender that the mesh isn't scaled before being applied to an Armature (if that's what you're doing). Do a Clear Transform > Rotation to check. If it has been scaled, undo and Apply Transform before exporting it.

Has happened to me with some free models i've found on the net.

Also remove transforms,rotations and scales (alt+g , alt+r , alt+s) actually I don't know

if that is still necessary…but you might try it…

Did you create the model + aramture on your own or is it something you got from the internet?

I created it on my own from scratch, both the texture and the armature. And i used a lot of scaling while modeling, specially on the mesh, joining many pre-built meshes (spheres, cubes, etc). If the problem is the scaling, i'm supposed to do something everytime i scale? (other than LocScale). I suspect it is something related with joining meshes, but i still can't figure it out. I'm working on it right now.

Other problem i'm having now. I'm using the XmlAnimator class mentioned on the same animations chapter of the tutorial. I can't load my model, i get an error that says that the armature has no controllers. I don't know exactly what this means, since i didn't have this problem on my first model, and i followed the same tutorial  while making both models, i didn't do anything different (that i noticed; course i should have done something different, i just have no clue of what it was)

What is the exact error? Is it not loading? Or is it throwing an exception when you try to get the animationcontroller after loading?

The exact error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Armature should have 1 controller, but has 0

at XmlAnimator.getAnimationController(XmlAnimator.java:94)

at XmlAnimator.simpleInitGame(XmlAnimator.java:74)

It is not loading. The class is supposed to play the first animation found.

krumstone said:

Thanks a lot to everyone for your help. I'm almost getting the thing working. The problem I just can't solve now is related with the animations. Though I can read all the animations of the model, when i play them all i get is the last frame like frozen. I thought maybe it was because it was running too fast and i wasn't handling it, but if i run it in the "Modeler" (the one mentioned on the hottbj tutorial) and loop it, i get the same thing. Thanks in advance guys.

Provide the *.blend and *-jme.xml.

I uploaded both the xml and the .blend. Thanx

http://www.4shared.com/file/134910437/11718167/moretest.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/134910453/4046e2f8/moretest-jme.html

krumstone said:

I uploaded both the xml and the .blend. Thanx

http://www.4shared.com/file/134910437/11718167/moretest.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/134910453/4046e2f8/moretest-jme.html

Just set your end frame correctly in the Renderer frame of the Scene buttons window and it works fine.  I don't know why you have your animation end frame set to frame 1.