How do I create a menu for a game with JME?

How do I create a menu for a game with JME?

Can anyone explain it to me? Can you show me any working exemple?

Thanks anyway

GBUI and FengGUI are both strong choices for on screen menus in jME

GBUI:

FengGUI:

do you have any exemple??

Can I create 2 threads: 1 thread for a swing menu and the other one for the game then when player clicks the button to open menu the game thread stops and the menu is show?

Aqua Costa said:

do you have any exemple??

should I create 2 threads: 1 thread for menu and the other one for the game then when player clicks the button to open menu the game thread stops and the menu is show?

examples above ^^

as far as threading, FengGUI, for example, works via OpenGL which needs to have it's work done in a single thread.. That being said, stopping that thread might not be such a great idea ;)

You may be interested in DarkFrog's discourse on threading and the StandardGame class

what about JMEDesktop?

do you have any working example?

It's there but is a major pain to useā€¦  There's an example in the jmetest packages if you checked out the sourse

thank sbook im reading this tutorial about fenggui: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=simple_fenggui_jme_app

GBUI also works via OpenGL.

I thought there was a tutorial out there on GUI with GBUI, but I've not looked for it.  Most of the "tutorials" are via examples in the test code directory.

I've been trying to find out info on it for weeks, later i finally ended up here at this document.  

I've had trouble finding this.  I'm finally so glad that I did find this.  Here it is! yay!  I liked that I found this post so much that I decided to "un-bury" it out of the pile of posts. :mrgreen:

i found a simple quad in a tutorial, what about those? :stuck_out_tongue:  I havent been able to put a texture on it or catch an area with my mouse yet. for the mouse i know ill use mouse coordinates and make some kind of "template" for square areas for the mouse to be in based on the size of the screen, but im still looking for how to use the textures on a quad.  mabey if you use a quad you wont have to worry about swing complications as stated in the BGUI explaination, or any complications at all;