How to add clothing to character model

If the boot are made properly and setup in their own j3o scene correctly, then they should work from simply attaching them to the node that contains the AnimComposer

That means:

1. the boots should have proper vertex weights/groups

2. the boots should be positioned so that they are overtop of the feet when you attach them

3. the j3o file containting the boots model should not have an AnimComposer or Armature - its vertex groups are stored in the mesh, so there’s no need for any extra controls for the boots.

4. The clothing and the model you’re attaching the armor/clothing to should have locataion/rotation/scale applied before export. Not sure if you did this but I see it hasn’t been mentioned in this thread so heres that info just in case: Importing models with animations from Blender - #9 by silentsword.

If you still have trouble, I can try to post a video showing how I attach a compatible clothing piece to my base character model in the Scene Composer, but if you have everything with the boots and character model set up its just as easy as attaching the boots to the Spatial that has the Armature…

Edit: one other thing to note: when i do this in the SDK scene composer, I have to close and reopen the scene for the animations to register after I’ve attached the clothing. At run-time I attach clothing prior to the model being attached to the rootNode, so attachment order seems to matter as well.