How to Debug the JMonkeyEngine SDK inside a NetBeans IDE

Hi,

I am interested in learning this game engine because complete and easy. May I know how to debug the JMonkeyEngine SDK inside an NedtBeans IDE?

KT Wong

@Darkchaos is the person you’re looking for.

Hi,

How can I contact him?

KT Wong

Hi all,

The Correct Way to Build and Run JMonkeyEngine SDK

1. Download Releases · jMonkeyEngine/sdk · GitHub (Source code)
  2. Run cmd to execute gradlew.bat with this command ‘gradlew.bat buildSdk’
  3. Comment the following lines in build.gradle
    // optlibs dep(“org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-jbullet:$jmeEngineVersion”, true, true)
    // optlibs dep(“org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-jogl:$jmeEngineVersion”, true, true)
    //optlibs dep(“org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:$jmeEngineVersion”, true, true)
    //optlibs dep(“org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-ios:$jmeEngineVersion”, true, true)
    //optlibs dep(“org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android-native:$jmeEngineVersion”, true, true)
    // optlibs dep(“org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-bullet-native-android:$jmeEngineVersion”, true, true)
    //testdatalibs dep(“org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-testdata:$jmeEngineVersion”, false, false)
    //examplelibs dep(“org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-examples:$jmeEngineVersion”, false, true)
  4. After finishing build, download Netbeans, Open it with Netbeans to debug it in IDE.

No, that wouldn’t work.

1. git clone the repository
  2. Run the build_engine.sh
  3. Run the fix_engine.sh
  4. Run “gradlew buildSdk”
  5. Navigate into newly created “netbeans” folder
  6. Use that version of netbeans to debug.

I hope I haven’t forgotten anything. If you’re on Windows, you’ll have to get something that can run bash scripts. Git bash utility that comes with git for windows might be good enough. Or you could always execute the commands the scripts use manually.

Thanks Bro

Since I’m on vacation it’s hard to contact me, but I see griz could help you out already.
And then there is always our Readme, see here GitHub - jMonkeyEngine/sdk: The jMonkeyEngine3 SDK based on netbeans
It also contains the Issue you were having with jaulet

Hi Darkchaos Contributor,

I would like to study this engine for hobby, may be need your help to understand this system in the future. Thank you very much.

KT Wong