How to find coordinates(x,y,z) in a scene?

Hello guys. I want to insert models in a scene to specific locations, but i can’t find a way to see the coordinates of these locations in order to set the local translation of the models. Is there any way to find them through scene composer(like clicking in a point and giving you the x,y,z) or i have to guess them and try different values in order to find them?

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

You can move the object to this location with the move tool, or using “blender style” shortcuts (g + mouse move to move the selected object)

So if I place a model in a location with the move tool, and then select the model, in it’s properties I could find it’s local translation which corresponds to the location I placed it. Am I right?

there should be properties panel on right side, if you don’t have, then set it on.

there should be local and world location of selected geometry / Node.

You can select via click or via SceneGraph.

@kotsos89g said:
So if I place a model in a location with the move tool, and then select the model, in it's properties I could find it's local translation which corresponds to the location I placed it. Am I right?

yes

Ok guys. Thanks for the replies. I just want to find some coordinates in the scene so I can later on place the enemies and some pickable items in these coordinates. When I get home I will try the methods you suggested and if any problem occurs I will post back here.

What I’ve done before is insert quads for spawning points, set the cullhint to Always, and add them to a node (spawning node) or something. Then you can select random quads in the game and find the translations of them. Also its more visual in the scene composer. You can flick them on and off like a light switch

…or use Nodes, they are invisible by default :wink:

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/user-code-projects/forum/topic/powermonkey/#post-159693