How to get around a uint64_t error when using .blend files?

Unknown data type: uint64_t

com.jme3.scene.plugins.blender.exceptions.BlenderFileException: Unknown data type: uint64_t

I have a model orginally made in vrml, imported in blender, baked one uv-map and texture and exported as a .blend-file to use in monkeyengine.

Sadly don’t works, dunno whats wrong. Any ideas or help?

Use OgreXML

Are you using Blender 2.6? Can you provide the model with the issue?

1 Like

Was there ever any progress on this issue? I’m having the same problem. Using Blender 2.62.0 r44136 on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine.

To test, I used the default cube that Blender creates, deleted the camera and light, and dropped the .blend into my /assets/Models directory. The files appears in the Project Explorer, and when I right click → View Model I receive a popup with “Error opening default_cube.blend” and a single line in the log: “Unknown data type: uint64_t”. (Note: I’ve made sure that Blender is closed to avoid file-locking.)

I can post the .blend file for you - not sure how you’d prefer I do that (Dropbox?) However, it’s a pretty basic model. I’m suspecting it just has to do with my OS configuration. I have not tried OgreXML yet - I’d prefer to use the BlenderImport feature because of its tight integration. But if 64-bit support is the problem - and it just isn’t ready yet - I’ll head down that workflow. We’re just getting started, so we’re flexible at the moment.

Thanks!

if you are in hurry, then use ogreXML.

Even its better, becouse from ogre2j3o you can automaticly convert with LOD :wink:

but, its only my suggestion. never throw away other solutions(becouse it can be better)

Update: I installed OgreXML and it loaded the default cube fine. I’m a little confused about the naming structure and some of the options, but I’ll research those. I was just testing it out. (Slightly OT: I did have a more complicated experience installing the OgreXML exporter than what is outlined in the wiki. Is there a way to ammend/update the documentation?)

So, yeah, OgreXML works - but I’d like to use the “native” Blender importer. It seems more streamlined, and I’m guessing it’s the direction the core team would like to go forward with anyway.

@thevoid777 said:
(Slightly OT: I did have a more complicated experience installing the OgreXML exporter than what is outlined in the wiki. Is there a way to ammend/update the documentation?)

You can edit the wiki pages by using the "wiki" menu entry in the black top bar.
@normen said:
You can edit the wiki pages by using the "wiki" menu entry in the black top bar.

Thanks. I'll add what I found there (script location, activating the addon in Blender, installing OgreCommandLineTools.) What I'm not sure about is if what I experienced is unique to Blender 2.62 - it's the only version I've used.

Back on topic: Has there been any progress on the uint64_t error?
1 Like

@thevoid777 , @hermetic , @oxplay2 … you can use Blender 2.62 with latest nightlies. Blender importer was fixed here:

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/import-assets/forum/topic/blender-2-62-import-exception/

1 Like

Great! Thanks !!

(Sorry…I really did use the Search button - just chose bad keywords. Still learning my way around the community site!)