How to get contorl of the ProjectAssetManager?

What is the proper way to attain the ProjectAssetManager in a blank scene. For part of my project i had to create a large xml schema as storage for some information. However I found that saving as a custom j3o file with its own extension would be much better and in fact easier to load and save than a using SAX even though i couldn’t apply it to everything else. The problem i am having right now is I seem to be unable to access the ProejctAssetManager which i need to give it to the BinaryImporter during the loading process. I do not have any jmenodes or anything that extends AbstractSceneExplorerNode loaded as i use simple abstractnodes for hierarchy, actually besides loading and saving their is no involvement from jme at all. Once more i changed the dataobject to extend assetdataobject instead of multidataobject in which using the lookup to find a ProjectAssetManager returns null in fact sometimes i get a strange scene error and some odd “Problem FBO” message in the output as well as an unending error popup message saying Framebuffer object format is unsupported by the video hardware. Can someone tell me the correct way to go about finding the ProejctAssetmanager or would it be better to simply use SAX again?

As explained in the wiki just extend AssetDataObject for your new file format, they automatically contain the ProjectAssetManager in their Lookup. Otherwise you can use the Projects lookup, you have to get hold of a project first though.

use sax.

1. What was the problem again, ease of use ? i dont think so, there isn’t anything easier than using xml. You can locate any attribute no matter where it is located in 1 command.

2. loading speed: Use java.serialisation, it allows to save / load objects with 1 command exactly. no need to write your own importer / exporter. Disadvantage: Have to create a game editor in order to modify data.
normen said:
As explained in the wiki just extend AssetDataObject for your new file format, they automatically contain the ProjectAssetManager in their Lookup. Otherwise you can use the Projects lookup, you have to get hold of a project first though.

@Normen i've read the wiki plus i have had prior knowledge lol i knew you would go straight to the wiki which is why I added the issue with extending the assetDataObject. In the end its something odd happening to my platform on my laptop because when i got home it compiled and ran no issue, I should have known when my code could not compile for about an hour and then started giving random error messages. I think you but a hex on the sdk code so it doesn't compile properly for anyone you believe have not read the wiki lmao.
@tralala
lol i use SAX for just about everything else in the project but i jst wanted to try using the jme3 exporter and importer since i don't really need to constantly change this particular impl outside of the game too much and i think i'm getting lazy lol but i jst really wanted to check out the exporter/importer since i haven't used it at all and relied on sax/sTax for everything