How to get library X in "Customize Library" (Add Library...)?

This is mainly for Normen…

I want to test the port I doing right now, and I want to import the generated library in a new project. I modified the build script and the jar file is generated (jME3-xxx.jar), but for some reason I can’t import that in a new project. It’s not in the list.

Do I need to build the SDK?

I manually copied the jar where the others are, but it’s still not in the list. :confused: I’m missing something but I can’t find what.

Help.

1 Like

jME3-xxx ? I thought it was your own library…? You can add new libraries via Tools->Libraries, its explained in the manual and the Basics video as well.

No, it’s not my own, not in the “self-sustained project” sense anyway. It’s for the TWL port. Since I’ve done a renderer (that probably doesn’t work yet) I want to import its library in a new project.

1 Like

Yeah, same procedure. Create a new “Library” and point to the jars, javadoc and sources if available.

Yes, I can do that manually, but I want those to be generated when compiling jME3 and included. That way, if I get this working you guys won’t have to fix my code (much) and add the above as it’ll already be done.

Maybe what you’re saying is to do the above in jME3’s project? That this would work thereafter in new projects?

1 Like

Whats with the jme3 all the time? I don’t get that. Just add the jme3 library and the new library you create to a project and you can use them. As the library point to files you can also build them anew or replace them and they will automatically be used, much like the updates in the SDK.

You know what. Nevermind. I’ll find it myself.

1 Like

Why you want to make it hard for you? Just make it a library to test, adding to the premade libraries requires building the SDK, yes. Just using a newly built jME3 engine requires that. Having a separate library entry locally not.

@normen said:
Why you want to make it hard for you?

You should know better by now. I always makes things harder. It's a flaw. But it served me well in the past and I'll stick to it.

Just using a newly built jME3 engine requires that. Having a separate library entry locally not.

I know that. But as I make the port I also modified jME3's build script and wanted to know why that new library wasn't included in the library import list.

Just make it a library to test, adding to the premade libraries requires building the SDK, yes.

Now I know why it wasn't there.

Thank you.
1 Like
@madjack said:
Now I know why it wasn't there.

No you don't. You also need to add a new library template to the SDK and update the parts of the build script that copy over stuff to the SDK after the engine is built.

I stand corrected, but since I have no plan to build the SDK, I’ll leave that part to you once I get there, if it does.

1 Like