How to get started

Hi,

This is my first day with JMonkey, and I love it! The code is very easy, and nice to write.

I want to get started with Android (the reason I came to JME), but how to do that?

I have:

• Downloaded the Android SDK,
  • Installed it
  • Downloaded the JME Android plugin
  • Made an Android project.

Now I’m suck, where to implement the JME part (like the class which extends SimpleApplication) into android?

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:android

Great, I missed a few lines there (part of it already worked).

New problem, when I run the application using Android Device I get the following build error:

Warning: Could not find file C:Program FilesjmonkeyplatformjmonkeyplatformlibsjME3-android.jar;C:Program FilesjmonkeyplatformjmonkeyplatformlibsjME3-bullet.jar;C:Program FilesjmonkeyplatformjmonkeyplatformlibsjME3-bullet-natives-android.jar to copy.

BUILD FAILED (total time: 0 seconds)

Any solution to that? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Did you update the SDK to the latest version? Also did you change the preset libraries (jme3, jme3-libraries etc…) at any time? If yes you will have to delete the settings for these from your settings directory (location shown in about menu of SDK).

I have updated JME to the latest version, inclusing Android Project.

I am still getting the following error, even when I use the standard libraries, or manually import all the .jars in the error (they are exactly in that location).

Error: D:DocumentenJavaAndroid4nbprojectmobile-impl.xml:37: Warning: Could not find file C:Program FilesjmonkeyplatformjmonkeyplatformlibsjME3-android.jar;C:Program FilesjmonkeyplatformjmonkeyplatformlibsjME3-bullet.jar;C:Program FilesjmonkeyplatformjmonkeyplatformlibsjME3-bullet-natives-android.jar to copy.

BUILD FAILED (total time: 0 seconds)

Thanks in advance

Hi,

have you tried to place your project in a shorter filepath? ant has sometimes problems with long paths