How to import assets in code?

the title says it all. im a noob and i just want to ask how could i import my assets through coding with collision. because i can import my models through coding but it doesn’t have any collision. please help. thanks

look a little upward then a little on the right, you’ll notice some greenish squares, one of them labelled “Documentation” between “Forums” and “Projects”.

Hover it with your mouse, it’s gonna expand in a grayish square, then click on “Tutorials & Docs”.

A page will display, read all of it, and your questions will eventually find answers.

2 Likes

yes i tried the hello collision and the town attach to it. and it works pretty fine but now i have created my own town and maybe it is too big so when i tried to save it, it saving for so long. so i decided to place my objects in a code, here’s what i did:

Spatial node = assetManager.loadModel(“Models/lupa13/lupa13.j3o”);

node.setLocalTranslation(10,10,15);

node.scale(10);

rootNode.attachChild(node);

but it doesn’t have any collision yet 'coz i don’t know how to put collision on my objects when it is imported through code. thanks

@chacha said:
but it doesn't have any collision yet 'coz i don't know how to put collision on my objects when it is imported through code. thanks

Yeah, that would be tutorial #8 or so.. :roll: Note: If you jump straight to that tutorial we can not guarantee success xD