How to input chinese in jmedesktop

I used a JTextField for my chat panel, but i can't input chinese characters by keyboard, how can I do it.

JMEDesktop uses jMEs input system which does not handle keystrokes in a way to support chinese keyboard. I don't know if lwjgl input does this. If yes jME could be extended in a way to do it - someone capable of writing chinese would have to investigate that . . .

So the short answer: it's currently not supported.

Sage, welcome to the board…first post and I think you already got yourself an assignment. :slight_smile:

You should see if the program thinks an American key is pressed when you press a Chinese key. If so you can use a map.

Based on the post nothing is showing up.  I've seen a few keys that LWJGL will simply through an error message in the console saying "Unsupported key 218" or something.  This is my assumption of what is happening.

darkfrog said:

Based on the post nothing is showing up.  I've seen a few keys that LWJGL will simply through an error message in the console saying "Unsupported key 218" or something.  This is my assumption of what is happening.

you can try the other input system and see what hapens.

This looks like somthing you need to take up on the LWJGL forms.

I think chinese character works by key combinations… at least that's the way many other character sets work (like japanese and arabic).

exactly

Maybe it will work if you use JMECanvas to render on? Then again, you might not need JMEDesktop then…