How to make the gravity center be right infront of the vehicle control

Hi

I’m using a vehicle control in my racer game for the car. I have an idea to make the car go upside down and go up 90 degrees roads. So I would like to know how to make gravity in front of you. So instead of it pulling everything down, I would it to be under your car so your always on the track. It’s kinda like the idea of making the gravity yourself, but just below.

So can anyone give me a piece of code to get me started or link me to a topic/wiki which can tell me about what I want to do

Thanks Master Mas

change the direction of gravity

Set the center of mass with a compound collision shape, the examples show how.

from what i understood he wants to drive up walls and the ceiling

1 Like

Don’t use gravity, use your own system that “glues” the car to the road.

"glues” the car to the road
im pretty sure that's what gravity does. At least that's whats happening right now with my ass and the seat :)

Not when the road goes upside down :wink:

Toy cars use the centripetal effect for that…

thats why you change gravity to be perpendicular to the road/surface your on :slight_smile:

thats more rollercoaster type physics, he wants to be able to climb flat and 90 degree surfaces, and i assume without falling when stationary, but im not sure, he didn’t explain very well what he wants.

@wezrule said:
thats why you change gravity to be perpendicular to the road/surface your on :)

At which point everything else in the room also falls towards that surface...

@wezrule said:
thats more rollercoaster type physics, he wants to be able to climb flat and 90 degree surfaces, and i assume without falling when stationary, but im not sure, he didn't explain very well what he wants.

Yes, it isn't very clear. However changing the gravity direction in order to allow one vehicle to climb a wall is unlikely to be a good solution unless you really are changing the gravity for the whole world when you do it.

you can change gravity for single components

Ahh.