How to set the (VertexBuffer.Type.Color) buffer and others (Position) buffer Again and again …?

@Momoko_Fan : Thanks , it’s really what I want …

Now , these whole test cases are prepared for something like “A Mesh manipulate tool” which works very similar with “Terrain Sculptor” but for all kind of Mesh … So, you see why I don’t just used a Shader for colorize the Mesh , ( yeh, cause I wanted to Sculpt it too … :stuck_out_tongue: )

I had a Textcoord editor Plugin , a simple 2d painter Plugin, … but I’m not quite sure about the method to modify the Position Buffer and of course in chain Normal Buffer , the Initial Pose Buffer …

So what you guys might recommend me for this case …

Some question raising :

-What 's the effective way to control/update 3 buffer (positon, normal , pose ) at the same time … ?

-What 's the effective way to calculate the pressure of the brush affect push) the mesh instead of travelling a whole mesh for calculate distance from brush pos to vertex pos…

P/s: Above questions are still related to the original topic :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably it is best to disable animation while the mesh is being sculpted, when you re-enable it, just copy the position and normal buffers to the bind pose buffers. Altering the BoneIndex/BoneWeight buffers is not needed unless you’re doing weight painting or similar.

Also I suggest calling setUsage(Usage.Dynamic) on the buffers to indicate to the GPU you’re going to be updating them often.

If you’re dealing with highly detailed meshes, any sorts of updates are going to be inefficient, because of a lack of spatial partitioning or updating parts of the mesh. Even Blender3D had issues with that, and in fact with the 2.5 version there was an overhaul to the sculpting system to increase performance. Suffice to say, its not easy…

With sufficient skill it is possible.

However I don’t see any reason to do all of this, since Blender3D already has all those features?

I still need it till the tie of Blender and JMP is not good enough know , and after placing everything , we want to modify the mesh a little bit , for example : make a tree root a little bit bigger , destroy constructions for a ruin scene ( right now I really don’t have a convincing reason yet :stuck_out_tongue: )

If it was possible to export J3O models back to OgreXML, would that make it easier to make such edits?

I made some comments on the current and future workflow of jMP in this thread.

• Edit the model in Blender
  • The model gets imported directly from the .blend file
  • All major changes to the j3o are stored in the j3odata file that exists for each model
  • A change in the blend file will be recognized on save and the model will be imported again, the changes will be applied again

The existence of j3odata is the coolest part of these changing but wait a sec… We separated it too much , may be…?

And in my POV , if you do this , we 'll have to depend more and more in Blender (which it powerful but not all-in-one solution yet!!!) … It’s bad if in the end we can edit everything in Blender and export → JMP existence is just for compose (place , move scale) things … <= It’s really bad scenario IMO