I bet this is asked a lot

But, I’m an amateur Java programmer, in the sense of not having professional experience and not working on many projects (although, I’ve been programming for almost a year in Java and have been doing minor projects here and there for fellow classmates and whatnot). I was just wondering if there are any small projects I could maybe start on.

–Best Regards,

Brandon

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

There are a bunch of projects going on. You can find most of them under this User Code & Projects.

But, instead of looking for a place to work on someone else’s project, don’t you think its more convenient to work on something on your own?

Thanks for the quick response.

I didn’t mean like gaming projects. I’m already working on one of those. I meant to help contribute to jMonkeyEngine. Haha

Welcome @draygera! We’re always looking for help on projects.

This thread here is from the Google Summer of Code submission (that we didn’t get :confused: ) and has many small projects that would benefit the engine. Maybe have a look through them and see if any interest you. Each one has a mentor who could get you started, and of course the forum is the best place for help/guidance, and faster responses.

@Sploreg, Brock is awesome!!! I love Venture Brothers. But that’s besides the point.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction instead of telling me to google for the answers (even though, I was being a little lazy for not doing my normal digging through every last forum post. :slight_smile: )

–Brandon

It’s ‘Mr. Sampson’

:stuck_out_tongue: